Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
4runner
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just looked at the car and drivers 10 best cars and there was no toyota brands that made the cut ie toyota, lexus, scion. But for some reason the accord was on the list again. I'm sorry but to me the new avalon and the lexus brands are far better than the accord. I think there just bais cause it seems like honda and a few other brands always make it.

·
Registered
4runner
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MRQturbo said:
maybe your biased towards toyotas....honda accords have been for the past ten years or so at the top of its class...

I'm not baised towards toyota. there are a number of other companies that I like. I just it's weird that you see some cars on there year after year.

·
Premium Member
6,042 Posts
Car and Driver 10 best is based on how much the companies paid for advertising in the magazine. It is not worth giving a hoot. Period. Lexus IS350 came out this year and it is a technological marvel that will revolutionize engineering for engines and is the total package. There are some cars in this list that are not even half as good as the new IS, yet it did not get included.:rolleyes:

·
Gen 4 XLE v6
02 Toy Solara V6 MT
3,192 Posts
^^ dude go to caranddriver.com (scroll down and read it)
10Best Nominees

Acura RL
Acura TSX
Audi A3 2.0T
Audi A4/S4
BMW 3-series
BMW 5-series
Buick Lucerne
Cadillac DTS
Cadillac STS-V*
Chevrolet Cobalt SS
Chevrolet Corvette
Chevrolet HHR
Chevrolet Impala SS
Chevrolet Malibu Maxx SS
Chrysler PT Cruiser GT
Chrysler 300/300C Hemi/300C SRT8
Dodge Charger*/Charger R/T/
Charger SRT8
Dodge Magnum
Ford Fusion
Ford Mustang
Honda Accord
Honda Civic
Hyundai Accent
Hyundai Azera
Hyundai Sonata
Infiniti M35
Kia Rio5
Lexus GS300
Lexus GS430
Lexus IS350
Lincoln Zephyr
Lotus Exige*
Mazda MX-5
Mazda RX-8
Mazdaspeed 6*
Mercedes-Benz C350
Mercedes-Benz CLS500
Mercedes-Benz SLK55 AMG
Mercedes-Benz SLK350
Mercury Milan
Mercury Montego
Mitsubishi Eclipse
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX
Pontiac G6 GTP
Pontiac Grand Prix GXP
Pontiac GTO
Pontiac Solstice
Toyota Avalon
Subaru Impreza WRX
Volkswagen Jetta

·
Gen 4 XLE v6
02 Toy Solara V6 MT
3,192 Posts
Acura TSX - Best Sport Sedan
Audi A3 2.0T - Best Sport Compact
BMW 3 Series - Best Luxury Sport Sedan
Chevrolet Corvette - Best Performance Car
Crysler 300/300C HEMI 300C SRT-8 - Best Full Size Sedan
Ford Mustang GT - Best Muscle Car
Honda Accord - Best Family Sedan
Mazda MX-5 - Best Roadster
Mazda RX-8 - Best Sports Coupe
Porsche Boxter - Best Luxury Sports Car

·
Gen 4 XLE v6
02 Toy Solara V6 MT
3,192 Posts
(sorry i think other contenders could have been better)
(i guess i agree)
(its car and driver, 3series has to win DOH)
(look at accel time and 0-60)
(when compared to avalon, this seems better to the average joe, its just that 4 years down the road, the avalon would still be competing, and the hemi would be in disarray IMO)
(for the price, yeah)
(sorry, more cars could have been good)
(wonder why not Z).
(why not g35)
(boxter...hell no!)

·
Premium Member
6,042 Posts
Car and Driver is a tool. How shameless. Most of those cars are not even half as good as some of the cars that did not make it into the list.

Advertising is the best way for a brand name (if it cares enough) to make it into that list.:rolleyes:

·
5M-GE
2,901 Posts
jhbhatia said:
(when compared to avalon, this seems better to the average joe, its just that 4 years down the road, the avalon would still be competing, and the hemi would be in disarray IMO)
This statement kind of irks me. I haven't heard of any reliability issues thus far with the 300C and family of cars. Are you psychic? Could you have forseen, say, a disarraying sludge problem 4 years down the road back in the days of the 1MZ-FE?

I'll reserve judgement on the 300, but until there really is something wrong with it, to me, it's a badass four door sedan - putting lots of power to the proper wheels. Nobody else does that. With the amount of them I see running around, and with the gains Chrysler is making out of it, I'm not surprised to see it on the 10Best. Perhaps in a couple years I can pick up a used example.

I still think the Accord is a worthy car to be on the list. It's a very nice driving experience - much sportier than a Camry - and that matters a lot to C/D. I stopped subscribing to them a year ago (yes, I think they're biased and they lost "the touch" :rolleyes: ), but according to their policies, if somebody had a shot at 10Best once and didn't make it, that's it. Until a siginificant change is made, you're out.

The G35 did make 10Best last year I believe. The platform is aging... but I really would've loved to see the new IS250/350 on there. Magazines aren't to be taken as gospel, meh...

·
CRESSIDA!!!
1984 Toyota Cressida
5,633 Posts
Car & Driver has a huge Honda biased. Anyboy see the compact truck comparison where the SHITLINE beat the new Tacoma? The '06 Accord just got the coupe's rear end. THAT'S IT, yet they WIN? WTF.........dffkjhndkfjd THE AVALON should've won, and the Camry is the best car in the midsize segment, and I say this as someone who has had A LOT of experience with the Accord.

·
5M-GE
2,901 Posts
84Cressida said:
Car & Driver has a huge Honda biased. Anyboy see the compact truck comparison where the SHITLINE beat the new Tacoma? The '06 Accord just got the coupe's rear end. THAT'S IT, yet they WIN? WTF.........dffkjhndkfjd THE AVALON should've won, and the Camry is the best car in the midsize segment, and I say this as someone who has had A LOT of experience with the Accord.
As per their rules, if you missed the cut once, you lose your shot. Camry didn't make it for 2002 I don't think, so therefore it won't make it until it gets a significant change (3MZ-FE doesn't really count) as in a new body style.

A car that is already on 10Best gets another shot the following year.

So um, why are you calling it the Shitline? Did it steal your lunch money? :|

·
Registered
4runner
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
again this may sound a little baised and I'm not trying to make it sound like it but I read somewhere that the accord has made it for the last 20 years that they have had the 10 best award and it's only been around for like 24 years.:confused:

·
Gen 4 XLE v6
02 Toy Solara V6 MT
3,192 Posts
repinS said:
This statement kind of irks me. I haven't heard of any reliability issues thus far with the 300C and family of cars. Are you psychic? Could you have forseen, say, a disarraying sludge problem 4 years down the road back in the days of the 1MZ-FE?
I respect you for waiting it out, that was my opinion! I see chysler make great progress on their lineup and reliability in the past few years. I have to agree 300 it is a very 'pretty' car, but still that doesn't convince me. I'd seen more progress done by GM on their auto division than chysler!

·
Banning is an art.
1992 Camry V6 LE
3,269 Posts
If you read reviews from all the other magazines on the TSX, it has repeatedly beat out all the competitors on average in its class for the standard criteria, fit and finish, handling, power, price, etc. They do actually test drive these things and actually compare them. If Kia came in and paid off C&D, do you think they could make the top 10 list? I highly doubt it.

I'd comment on the Accord, but it'd be biased from me. But compared to all the other family sedans I researched out there, I don't doubt it being the #1 in its class. (but still no excuse for the rear styling) Check out the interior styling and fit and finish of an Accord, no car in its class can compare.

·
Premium Member
5,014 Posts
jhbhatia said:

i don't see any toyota that is deserving to win in any of these categories....the new IS would prolly be the only strong contender IMO...

·
5M-GE
2,901 Posts
wormhole said:
again this may sound a little baised and I'm not trying to make it sound like it but I read somewhere that the accord has made it for the last 20 years that they have had the 10 best award and it's only been around for like 24 years.:confused:
The Accord missed a few years... 1992-1993 at the very least I think, thanks in part to the Gen3 Camry.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.