Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Unfortunately today at work i got my car front bumper scratches due to backing up truck, Can you please let me know a best place to get estimates and have it fixed. I need to send this estimates to company whom i need to claim it.

Please advice.

·
Administrator
14,386 Posts
Take it to an auto body repair shop for an estimate.

·
Registered
59 Posts
If it were me I'd find a Camry that's being parted out on Craigslist or something. Love my car but if something like this happened I can't justify getting it professionally done considering the age, and mileage. I guess you're in a different boat because it was someone else's doing. Get a check, get the parts, have them painted and do it yourself.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your reply, I see below part hanging after the incident, Can someone identify this. Appreciate your feedback.

·
Speedkar99 on YouTube
2003 Camry
1,901 Posts
The bumper will have to be repainted completely assuming it hasn't cracked where it clips to the body. The paint has scratched all the way through. Take it to a few body shops for a quote for repainting.

If replacing, insist to use OEM parts since insurance is paying.

The part dangling is most likely the ambient air temperature sensor.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The bumper will have to be repainted completely assuming it hasn't cracked where it clips to the body. The paint has scratched all the way through. Take it to a few body shops for a quote for repainting.

If replacing, insist to use OEM parts since insurance is paying.

The part dangling is most likely the ambient air temperature sensor.
Thanks for your detailed reply, I got an estimate of around $1000 from body shop technician who has mentioned that $480 only for OEM front bumper.

Thanks

·
Registered
Look in sig
9,186 Posts
Golly damn. If I had to pay that, I'd try grab a same color bumper cover from another junkyard Camry.

Then again, when someone back up into me causing a small 2" dent on my hood, that ran about $1500 (insurance was covering it).

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Can you please let me know if this will go to Car history and depreciate the value of my car.? If it does can i claim same from the party who has caused this.?

Please let me know.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Can you please let me know if this will go to Car history and depreciate the value of my car.? If it does can i claim same from the party who has caused this.?

Please let me know.

Thanks!
If you receive a payout from an insurance company it will more than likely come up on a vehicle history report.

Since your car is 17 years old and worth less than 3000 this is not going to amount to anything. Anyone buying this car in the future wouldn't care.

Personally I would recommend pocketing the insurance money (better yet negotiating 2-300$ from the person that hit you and not involving insurance) and buffing out that scratch. All of the yellow colored stuff should buff out, only the black spots are missing paint.

Theres no point in repainting a bumper on a old beater camry from some small damage like that.

·
Registered
2016 Rav4
5,764 Posts
more than likely, a good buffer wheel and 5 minutes with compound and it'll look as good as the rest of the car, as opposed to better than the rest of the car, which is what it will look like if replaced/repainted. i had some damage fixed on my car using paintless dent removal because aftermarket 'safer' paint won't stick as well as the original to begin with, and now my car still looks the same, if that matters to you and it won't show up on carfax as a repaint. in fact, it won't show up on carfax at all. and the cost was 250 as opposed to over a grand. of course if it's not your insurance paying (raising your rates in the process), then that's for you to decide.
tony

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.