Toyota Nation Forum banner

Car got KEYEDD!!! NEED ASSISTANCE!!

2K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  Jim Bob Jones 
#1 ·
Ok either this is one messed up world we live in or i just have the worst luck possible with my corolla LE. well i went to donate blood on friday at my old high school that i attended and after i donated, i realized as i was about to enter my car that there was this long scratch on the door. Then i said to myself, who in the hell would want to key my car...and i just fucken donated blood to save a life!!..all i can say now is i just hope karma comes around for whoever did that shit to me.

Ok now that i kinda vented, i was just wondering what should i do now? My dad said i ahve full coverage insurance on the car but hes saying that no matter whos at fault or even if its a scratch or hit and run insurance rate will increase for me drastically. Therefore, he doesn't want to file a claim watsoever. I really want this scratch to be gone and the door to be back to the way it looked...brand new.

Thanks in advance to anyone for their feedback!!

Heres some pics of the damage:

See less See more
#3 ·
if you don't want insurance rates to go up... then pay cash and don't claim it. Easy as that... it will cost a bit to get it done. I don't know where to go in San Jose, but i'm sure they have a Macco or something that wouldn't be too expensive. But thats all you have to do in order to avoid having your insurance rates go up.

#10 ·
spray painting over a scratch just like that will not hide the imperfection caused by the scratch. it will feel rough to the touch and will be very visible to the naked eye even after the spray paint. they normally require sanding and to some extent filling them up with automotive putty then resanding them again to make them smooth. that is when you spray paint with the same body color.

where to get the same body color spray paint? maybe some google can help you.

#9 · (Edited)
depends on your insurance company's policy. Some of the company see this is a not at fault claim, just like windshield claim. Your insurance rate won't go up due to the claim but you have to pay the deductible, you may need a police report to proof it was damaged by a 3rd parties. But I think pay out of your own pocket is the best way to deal with this...

#13 ·
While I was trying to avoid a truck, I got a scratch on the bottom side of the front skirt from running too close to the curb (speeding truck in a residential zone...) What I found under the white paint was some black material. Are the skirts made of carbon fiber or something? If I wanna paint over it, would sanding it with sandpaper help? Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.