Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Sleeper-still sleeping
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...I REALLY need some input on this situation.....it's pissing me off *vent* :mad:

Two weeks ago, I posted a problem on TN concerning overheating in my 93 V6 Camry Read Here . I got some valuable input from several ppl and sent to put the information to use.

In the last post of the above mentioned thread, I said that it was blown head gaskets that caused the overheating problem (as the mech FINALLY diagnosed). Now, 2 weeks later, I am still without a f---ing car, and after a phone call to them today, they tell me that it's still overheating...they can't figure out why :mad:

I was down $1000 for the 1st visit to them (water pump, 1 engine mount, wiper linkage, 2 drive belts, 1 timing belt), and now I'm expecting this next visit to cost me another $1200 (dismantle/reassembly of enigne heads, cleaning heads, new gasket, labour). I'm a f-cking student...I can't afford all this!! :headbang:

After this incident, I'm never going back to that shop :fuckyou:, even if it's a trusted friend of my dad's.

I'm asking for some solutions here. Can anyone out there give me an idea as to what the problem might be?? In addition to that, can anyone (in the GTA) give me a trusted mechanic that I can take my car to and get it running again (for a reasonable price)?

Redline

·
Registered
750 Posts
Well, that sucks!

Usually a blown gasket is the result of overheating, not the cause. If there are no restrictions and everything that has been changed is working, there isn't much left. At this point, I hate to bring up the simple, cheap stuff, but I didn't see a new rad cap on the list.

·
Zzzz
Camry
2,255 Posts
definitely check the rad cap, maybe try flushing the radiator itself to see if there's any blockages in there, check your radiator hoses to make sure they're not blocked, etc.

the only other thing I could think of is maybe air, if you have air in your system, that'll do it.

·
Registered
Camry
1,463 Posts
If they ripped your engine apart and still have overheating....well, it cant possibly the engine. If it's a full service shop, :disappoin

Other than the rad core, which I am sure they checked - car running way too lean?

·
Registered
633 Posts
How old is your radiator ? It might be clogged if it's more than 10 years old and has never been changed

·
Sleeper-still sleeping
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
EKam said:
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=2009

First link, make a phone call, take a visit, hours later, problem solved. :)
thx Ekam....I'll give them a call and try to set something up. :thumbup:

I don't think its the rad cap...wouldn't there be steam coming out when I drive? :confused: Did a flush in the spring....ran perfect thru the summer. Bought/replaced t-stat (OEM from dealership). The rad is no more than 6 yrs old (or so I'm told), since the old was replaced when my dad cracked it in an accident. I did notice, however, that the cooling fins looked to be in pretty bad shape.

Keep the suggestions coming. THX to all of you who've replied! :)

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
I've had the same problem for 6 months now. I've replaced so many parts on my Cam, nobody knows whats wrong.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts