Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member here. (I am usually from the maxima.org forums). My girlfriend's car (1999 LE) has been having this weird noise issue. Never heard it before and tried looking around the web via youtube, google, etc. to find a similar noise. Only one I could think of was valvetrain but this noise sounds very random. Any ideas?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5cgjtwMY6c

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
227 Posts
:eek: wow i hope that is not as bad as it sounds..id be crapping if i hear that in my car.... i got no clue what this is but there are alot of peeps hear that know there stuff and may help.... good luck getting that fixed

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tell me about it. I am going to the shop today and see what they say. Hopefully more people chime in on what this sound might be.

·
good lookin rolla
1998 Corolla 5 spd
44 Posts
i can't see the video, im assuming it sounds as if its coming from inside the engine seeing as you thought it was valvetrain noise?

·
Registered
227 Posts
there is no video... its just audio..if you have your speakers off then you will think there is nothing going on

·
Registered
74 Posts
I would have the serpentine belt tensioner checked....I have heard a few make the same kind of noise. I have a 2000 that had to have it replaced.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts