Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car makes this sound "like a crappy diseal engine" while im under 1kRPM.

Basically when i stop at a stop light, sigh, etc... just start the car...

There is some vibration and I cannot pinpoint what is causing it. I need to find out what the cause is before I can take it in or they will charge me $90 if it isnt their problem (car was in wreck some parts replaced)

corolla 2005 SE

any ideas?:confused:

·
Registered
59 Posts
poss s-belt tensioner has play which is a common thing, usually on higher milage though or maybe even the timing chain tensioner has play also a common problem

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1GR-FE said:
poss s-belt tensioner has play which is a common thing, usually on higher milage though or maybe even the timing chain tensioner has play also a common problem
the majority of the damage in the wreck was on the front right, im not sure if this matters

it doesnt ALWAYS make the sound

sadly i took it to toyota and asked them if they knew what was going on, and ofcourse it didnt make the sound :sosad:

·
Registered
680 Posts
Pico said:
the majority of the damage in the wreck was on the front right, im not sure if this matters

it doesnt ALWAYS make the sound

sadly i took it to toyota and asked them if they knew what was going on, and ofcourse it didnt make the sound :sosad:
omg, i know how you feel, when my belt was slipping i took it the a shop and that was the only time when it stopped squeaking, omfg, i was p-eed off.....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
havent figured it out, going to take it in tomorrow and hope it rattles while im at toyota :sosad:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts