Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drive a 98 camry 4cyl and just finished replacing its struts(used monroe quick struts), bearings, sway bar links front and rear brakes, and ball joints. The reason i did this was it was mostly all worn out and i needed a bearing in front and rear so i decided to go all out. There was a pull right before i started all this. Installation went well and i followed torque spec and procedure on the stuts to the letter. Long story short three alignments later and a very frustrated shop told me its in spec but it still pulls. I believe the pull might even be a bit worse. What am I missing here? Where should i start to address the issue?

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
529 Posts
Check strut mount to insure it is installed correctly. If not it changes the geometry.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Checked mounts plus rotated and balanced tires. No change. Might have to look at new control arms I guess

·
Registered
568 Posts
Do you have the alignment report from the shop? Sometimes they will say it is in spec if the camber, caster, and toe are all correct, but there are other measurements to consider.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I didn't grab the sheets. They ended up doing it three times the final on a new "state of the art" machine. I read the numbers. They got it plenty close. I'm thinking its my control arm bushings, would that track?

·
'00 4 Cyl. Auto Camry LE
935 Posts
From experience here after alignment - uneven tire wear, due to worn components, will affect tracking -> steering pull on the road.

Replacement tires corrected it. Did the alignment shop mention tire wear?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They did the rear tires weren't bad we we swapped em and balanced all four at the same time

·
short-throw dipstick
6,105 Posts
How are your steering components? I recently quoted on an '01 Tacoma with 200K; massive play in tie rods (60 degree dead spot in steering) and it pulls hard to the left when braking.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
All new parts. Inners and outters. Everything's new except the steering rack and control arms. No play in the steering rack or anything noticable.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts