Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
I had messed with my toyota' springs in the past (installed eibach kit) and since then my car pulls to the left. I've had it professionally aligned 4 times at different shops to no avail.
Furthermore, I replaced eibach springs with original ones, had it realigned, but still it pulls to the left.
All alignment numbers are within specs.
Tire pressure is normal, tire wear even all around. Same tires were on before I started messing with suspension and did go straight.

Did anyone else have this issue? What do I need to do to fix it? This is really, REALLY annoying. Drives me fricking insane.

I heard there is some TSB related to this but I dunno more than that.

Thanks,

- Russ -

·
Know God. Work Hard.
4Runner
2,194 Posts
Check to see if your car is missing any of the bolts for the Controlling arm. That was my problem. I fixed it by installed that screw.

Are any sides lower than the others?

·
yah ..... okay
USE20
383 Posts
did you change your wheels ????
like bigger and wide wheels ???
cause i installed a set of 17 x 8 and did alignment my car still pulls to the right. lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From what I saw there are no missing bolts/nuts...

Yes, I did install bigger wheels before I messed with suspension and the car went straight with bigger wheels. So yeah I do have bigger wheels.
In addition, I put eibach springs in stages. Stage 1 was two rears. After that the car went straight. Stage 2 (the front springs) messed everything up. I noticed the pull within 1 second of the test drive and had it since then.

I know the upper spring seats in front are directional and can be installed incorrectly. But I tried rotating those and that didn't help (did help somewhat though).

Thanks,

- Russ -

·
Registered
29 Posts
it would most likely be that your control arm is slightly bent. i have had the problem after i clipped a gutter.

·
Know God. Work Hard.
4Runner
2,194 Posts
Yeah when i had my rims, the car didn't wanna go straight. And it would pull in whatever direction it felt like.

2005 Tacoma X-Runner
9,188 Posts
My car pulls but there is no caster adjustment, which sucks major ass. I compensate with 5 more psi in the left front than the right front tire. Drives straighter though. :thumbup: :lol: Look into getting it diagnosed by a frame straightening shop with some high tech laser equipment. The problem is probably the control arm is slightly bent or that the subframe has been moved slightly.

2005 Tacoma X-Runner
9,188 Posts
Could also be a radial pull in the tires. try rotating the right side tires then drive it. If it still pulls rotate the right back to the way it was then rotate the left side and drive it. If by doing this the car goes straight then you know you have a tire(s) that is causing a radial pull.

2005 Tacoma X-Runner
9,188 Posts
I've also heard that you can notch the mounting holes for the upper strut mounts to where you can have some caster adjustabilty. But I just live with it. Try the air pressure thing and see if it helps at all for you.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I know many people that have had this problem and many times it has been the arm that has been bent i would prob check that out, also what trdcamry said thats worked for me before switching the tires so try that first

·
Naturally Aggravated
77 Posts
You shouldn't need a castor adjustment with stock springs (this would only be necessary to correct geometry from too much lowering), and if alignment didn't help then a camber adjustment isn't it either. Check the tires out, if that isn't it you have found the problem: you either have worn or bent susp. parts (or subframe). Could be something as simple as a worn out tie-rod end, but this would have other symptoms usually.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts