Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 92 camry 5spd 2.2, one day I was driving it started fine ran fine get home shut it off. 3 hours later I try to start it to go to work and nothing. no engine cranking no dash lights no radio pretty much no accessory's. turns out it was a 40a fuse located to the right of the fuse box underneath the steering column behind the air duct. but anyway I replaced the fuse it started right up. the next day I go to start it in the morning and turn the key nothing happened I try it again it fires right up. I checked to make sure all accessories worked and they do so its not that fuse again. I got a new battery and still when I turn the key it doesn't start I try it a couple more times and instantly fires. I replaced the starter and still it does the same thing. when key is in the start position and engine isn't cranking I notice a power draw like the clock dims as if it is trying to crank over. any suggestions or input on this situation would be appreciated. thank you

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
okay I have a 5sp manual trans. so I wouldn't have a neutral switch but a clutch switch and I will check into that. any other ideas if its not the clutch switch?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found the clutch safety switch and found a wire that was pressed up against it causing the switch to not fully be pressed. I moved the wire out of the way and tried it. it started right up. shut it off tried it again and started up again no problem. thank you. I wish I would have checked the switch before I bought a new starter. but I assumed it was the starter since it wasn't starting and I tapped on the starter and it started right up so my thought was that I had a bad starter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts