Toyota Nation Forum banner

Car Shakes when driving at high speed (new rear rotors/pads installed).

3999 Views 4 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  REN69
Fellow RAV4 owners about two weeks ago I replaced both of my rear rotors and brake pads (2008 Rav 4). At first they were fine , but now they shake noticeably when I'm driving at high speeds (60-80 mph). I bought these rotors from advance Auto parts

(https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p...aign=20181210_A_EC_TX_ORDCON&utm_content=ITEM)

The brake pads I got them from Pep boys: their pro-stop line.

Most of my research indicates that the problem is from warped rotors, but I just bought mine.

I must also point out that when I was replacing the rotor, one of the pins was completely stuck jammed. I took it out and lubed it and made sure it moved freely.
I also flushed the brake fluid.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
18,493 Posts
Could be crappy rotors, sounds like they're warped already... I'd take them back and ask for a new pair if they're that new, looks like they have a 2yr warranty at least.

I would also make sure your calipers are not seizing... if one side is working fine and the other one is not, it could create contact and therefore heat on one side only, leading to warping.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.