Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drive a 2009 Corolla LE, and whenever I'm driving fast or on the highway at 60+ mph, my car shakes. I was wondering if anyone else experiences this? Is it normal or is it my car?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2009 Corolla XRS!
976 Posts
I drive a 2009 Corolla LE, and whenever I'm driving fast or on the highway at 60+ mph, my car shakes. I was wondering if anyone else experiences this? Is it normal or is it my car?

Thanks.
It depends how it is shaking...Is it shaking from the steering wheel? If so, you may want to re-balance your tires.

·
Goes Against The Grain
02 Camry SE V6
18,081 Posts
I agree with the above, if it happens to shake or your steering wheel is wobbly when braking it could be a warped rotor, and since the car is new Toyota will resurface it under warranty...

·
Registered
439 Posts
...wheel out of balance
...bent rim
...warped brake rotor
...bent hub

·
Dave's
1,946 Posts
^ and belt separation inside the tire. (They have layers of belts, sometimes these lose their bonding [potholes,curbs, or defects] and the tire becomes out of round at speeds.)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the same problem, dealer re balanced and checked alignment, still didn't solve it. second time they told me the tires have heal and toe wear. no idea how that possible, i'm not driving the car like a rally driver around corners. the car has factory Goodyear eagle RS-A's, tires might have 18 000 km on them. mainly highway. I don't feel like shelling out for brand new tires with less than 20 000 km on the original.

·
Registered
2010 Corolla S
427 Posts
if it shakes..could be your engine mount..which one idk..have your toyota tech check that out..hassent happened on my corolla, but on my previous sentra at 8k miles

1 - 8 of 8 Posts