Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
TN's furry friend
1995 Toyota Camry LE
4,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yea, i was in the middle of turning right and then all of a sudden i couldnt press the brake anymore and the steering wheel locked and i plowed into a curb, thank god i wasnt going fast (5-10 mph). turned out my engine stalled, dont know why really. i had the music up but i doubt the amp killed my battery or anything.

so i just started the car up again and it ran fine :confused:

advice, tips, help?

-thanks

·
getn groceries in style
1,095 Posts
wtf... like it totally locked? or the power steering and power brakes went out?

·
TN's furry friend
1995 Toyota Camry LE
4,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the engine shut off, then it was like trying to turn the steering wheel when its in park and the brake wouldnt push down.

·
Where's my boomstick?
2,528 Posts
geeze, that happened to me and a friend in a F150, really sucked, never found out what happend.

·
Current title:
253 Posts
if its an isolated incident and you dont have the check engine or other warning lights...i think u may be ok

could be some electrical gremlins...thats the only thing that could cause the engine to die..other than running out of gas..

i would check the basic electricals and hope it doesnt happen at a more serious time..

1) fuses - make sure none are loose or blown...check the box in the foot well as well as under the hood
2) make sure ur battery connections are clean and also be sure that all the wiring to the battery is well connected and secure

other then that goodluck hope that doesnt happen when ur on the highway(if it does make sure u hurry up and shift to neutral and restart before hitting somthing)

·
Current title:
253 Posts
p.s. i dont think anything can really kill ur battery while ur driving...thats when its getting recharge by the car

u usually only need the battery to start the car and power things while the engine is off

?«?«?« I stand corrected

·
getn groceries in style
1,095 Posts
Ikon said:
p.s. i dont think anything can really kill ur battery while ur driving...thats when its getting recharge by the car

u usually only need the battery to start the car and power things while the engine is off
it is possible, if the alternator is bad. if there is no more current to recharge the battery, it is eventually going to die.

check out the alternator.

jon

1 - 8 of 8 Posts