Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
What the Pho?
2000 Solara
5,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just got alignment done and my car still pulls to the left. So Sears thought it was my tires, they just gave me two new ones for the front under warranty (plus $35.xx labor charge for some odd reason)

Ne ways, after the new tires, the car still pulls left, when I center AND HOLD the steering wheel there, the car pulls right..., when I let go, the steering wheel tilts left and the car pulls left... so..

I look at my alignment sheet again and look. Two things appear out of spec after the alignment i did bout 3 days ago...

2000 SOlara 4-cly

Front Left Tire

SAI
Specified range 12.3 to 13.7
Before 9.9
After 10.0

Included angle
Specified range 10.9 to 13.9
Before 8.9
After 8.9

I know toe, camber, caster.. but what's "SAI" and "Included angle?" Would that be causeing the car to pull to the left?

·
There is no substitute.
25,787 Posts
I have no idea what those numbers are.

It could be the shop, did they go for test drive after they did the alignment? The shop I go to do that everytime. It also could be your tire pressure as well, check all 4 to make sure they're right.

Let's see your toe/camber/caster settings?

·
What the Pho?
2000 Solara
5,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My toe, camber, caster are all in check and to list them all would be .... well, alot... =)

But, I had it done at Sears, both the alignment and the new tires put on. And yup,. tire pressure was checked.

THe numbers i listed up there (SAI, and "Included angle") were printed out on the sheet that they gave me. From sears and from last year at dunn tire, so I guess it's a requirement to get that messured... BUt, still clueless on what's "SAI" and "Included angle"??? :hammer:

·
What the Pho?
2000 Solara
5,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
After fixing my dang cam and over-comming the uploading issues, here's the actual alignment sheet that Sears gave me...

Like i said, "SAI and that other thing highlighted in yellow is foriegn to me. As well, my other quetion, would that be making my car pull to the left???

Thanks all for bearing with me

Just reliezed, I seriously don't know how the crap the pic got that big, ne ways, it helps for the near sighted/far sighted, watever. Lol:hammer: :confused: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2001 Toyota Prius
470 Posts
Eye8Pussies said:
maybe they didn't remember to center the steering wheel?

I agree with that because my prius is pull to the left when I centre the wheel.....and the mechanic in delarship told me that the couse of this is steering wheel off center.....

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2004 Avalon (3 weeks old -400 miles) which also pulls to the left. Brought it back to Toyota service 5 times. They can't fix it and I'm now waiting for the factory service tech. I think its in the steering rather than the allignment, especially that it happens real bad at 50+ mph.

Same exact problem as you described.
Is the front end the same as the Solara? Maybe Toyota's got a problem with this setup?

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
The TSB is ST002-04 and applies to the Solara, Camry and Avalon - it was issued on Feb. 4, 2004. It instructs service to rotate the upper spring seat and if it still pulls to increase the right front camber and decrease the left front camber

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.