Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, after I got my motegi 17" with 215,45,17 tires and evo4 body kit on the car, my car is too low to the ground. Everytime I go up to my driveway or down, the front and the rear will hit the ground. Is there anyway I can make my car a little higher so it won't hit the grounds?? I bought some coil spring booster at pepboy, but it didn't help at all. Any suggestions?????

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Why don't you just angle the car like everyone else does? If it's such an inconviniece, then just take off the kit. I learned to live with it too. It's the down fall of having a kit.

·
Whine Connoisseur
6,583 Posts
HoeBag said:
get bigger wheels
Do that as an absolute LAST resort. The speedo will be off, not to mention the tranny is gonna go nuts shifting at the wrong time.

Unless you raise the car, you're just gonna have to change your driving habits. Do the ricer sideways thing like the rest of us ;)

·
Registered
69 Posts
I hard to learn the hard way by scraping all the paint off the bottom of my front bumper. either go at it at an angle like everybody else or if you have the money get airbags that will also solve your problem.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Phi said:
Do that as an absolute LAST resort. The speedo will be off, not to mention the tranny is gonna go nuts shifting at the wrong time.

Unless you raise the car, you're just gonna have to change your driving habits. Do the ricer sideways thing like the rest of us ;)
actually my stock tire was a 205/65/15 and im running a 235/35/19 and there is a .1% difference in size.. check the miata tire calculator

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

so yea.. im guessing his stock tire was also a 205/65/15 and heres the comparison between his stock tire and his new 17in tires
Specification Sidewall Radius Diameter Circumference Revs/Mile Difference
205/65-15 5.2in 12.7in 25.5in 80.1in 791 0.0%
215/45-17 3.8in 12.3in 24.6in 77.3in 819 -3.4%

2.8inch difference in circumference... if he uses a 50series tire with that 17inch wheel, then it will raise him up about another inch

·
TRD Guy
588 Posts
if u goin up curbs and bumps, straight up, of course u gonna scrape, so just learn to drive wit a body kit, goin in at angle and you will be fine, its not too low unless u did drop ur car but i dont see that u did so im guess ur stock height :confused:

·
So.Cal 99 camry
418 Posts
might just be the kit!..
those EVO kits are really big and and they make the bumpers sit close to the floor..
without the car being lowered i've seen people have to angle over bumps and driveways..

either you have to raise your car! :thumbsdow
or change your kit..

i've had the EVO 4 kit but it sat way to low for me.. it cracked maybe the 2nd week i had it after scraping the hell out of it the first week..

IMO EVO kits :disappoin

·
Its still a Camry.
1991 Lexus Es250
522 Posts
I learned how to drive a low car in my brothers 92 Camry LE. Take it one wheel at a time, very very slowly...even now that im riding stock height I still do it sometimes on really big bumps. Youll learn the surrounding roads really quick too!:lol: Good luck.

·
Ford Powered
1999 Ford Mustang
439 Posts
i ride stock everything rite now and i scrape on some driveways in my wagon.

·
Its still a Camry.
1991 Lexus Es250
522 Posts
glad I live in the Florida Keys for once...no steep drive ways and no hills!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts