Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best car wash soap to use on the Venza? I have used Armour all car wash and it seems to work ok.
I also have used Mothers Gold car wax and it is easy to work with.
Also what is a good leather seat cleaner?
What should be used on the wood grain?
What should I use on the rims?

·
Registered
311 Posts
I just read an article today from a detailing expert who says you should avoid interior vinyl cleaners at all costs. Over time they create a surface that actually attracts dirt and grease, plus the chemicals adhere to the inside of the glass and you end up breathing them in.

Not sure how accurate that is but if you didn't use a commercial cleaner like Armor All, what would you use?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Just keep the Armour All off the dash at all costs! That stuff likes to dry out plastics so they crack.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I only use a damp cloth on the dash. I use only water and soft cloth for the outside right now until dirt starts building up on it.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I only use a damp cloth on the dash. I use only water and soft cloth for the outside right now until dirt starts building up on it.
Be mindful on that practice especially on the outside of the vehicle. You do not want to rub small particles of dirt accidentally into your paint by using a soft cloth. This will cause very tiny scratches in your paint.

In between washes I recommend using a California Car Duster. The dirtier it gets the better it works believe it or not. Its fibers are covered with a wax that attract dust and dirt particles. They also make a smaller version for the interior. You can find it at most big box stores like Walmart, Target, and Costco.

Never use a circular motion when rubbing your vehicle even with a soapy sponge!!! This will cause swirl marks and they are a major pain in the rear to remove especially from dark paint!

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
The California Duster needs to be season by getting dirty..... out-of-the-package it can leave wax streaks and smears - especially obvious on dark painted surfaces. Miracle Maid has a similar version w/o the wax that is equally effective for a lot less $$$$. I've used both and latter won out...... I've routinely used it for 4-years and is still effective. The California Duster is long gone. Of corse your mileage may vary;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts