Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey so I replaced the transmission in my 93 Camry and when I went move it nothing happened.it doesn't seem like the brakes because there's absolutely no give to if they were stuck on, and there seems to be no power behind it. The shifter display does change corrospinding to the gear I put it in.

·
イリジウム
14,760 Posts
Do you feel the bump as you shift from P/N into D or R? If not you have to check the torque converter install (is it engaged with the pump, for example, which is a common problem on installs). Or are you getting any line pressure. If so maybe the cluctch packs are bad.

Use a clear PVC tube and a coupler and connect it to the ATF cooler line up front. See if ATF flows in there. Then you'll need to check the ATF line pressure.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sorry for the dumb waste of a thread I jumped the gun and figured the wheels would move with low fluid in it. I filled it by the book and everything is cool :) sorry about that:/ thanks for the quick replies and help though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.