Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok my little baby brother got his first car. a 90 4afe sedan. 2 weeks ago and i was away when he was messing with it. idk wat he did but, when i got home, he had hooked the battery up wrong. he told me he kept cranking it too and it wouldn't start. so i checked everything. from fuses,dizzy(igniter and coil) went bad...bought a new one. still no spark, and fuel is good, battery is good too. wires and plugs are new. it wont start. what can be the problems here????
is there by any chance that the ecu might of got fried:confused::confused::confused: and where is the relay located:confused: help please!
thanks for your help in advance!

·
iAzn
1988 toyo Corolla DX
1,492 Posts
There is a chance the ECU went up in smokes. Happend to my friend at work one time with a Nissan. We all wonder how come it wouldn't start and the odometer was blank.

All engine associated relays are underhood, driver side, behind the battery. There is also some relay/ fuses on the positive terminal. Typically, in a case the wires are accidently switched, on most cars there's a main fuse on the positive terminal that will burn out before anything gets screwed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is a chance the ECU went up in smokes. Happend to my friend at work one time with a Nissan. We all wonder how come it wouldn't start and the odometer was blank.

All engine associated relays are underhood, driver side, behind the battery. There is also some relay/ fuses on the positive terminal. Typically, in a case the wires are accidently switched, on most cars there's a main fuse on the positive terminal that will burn out before anything gets screwed.

thanks! i was thinking of that too... i will try to get a ecu and check relay. hopefully it will work.
i will update on the problems. thanks again!:thumbsup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts