Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1993 Camry LE I4.. My car wont turn over at all I had the battery checked and its ok.. it wont even crank at all and the lights are real dim and headlights and lows will not turn on at all.. I did my hypergrounds Im thinkin maybe they werent crimped good enough.. could this be a problem or does it sound like something else? Any help is appreciated...

·
Registered
275 Posts
try a new battery maybe? the battery could be "ok" but still try a new one....maybe borrow on from someone

·
Registered
40 Posts
i'd check the starter too, they're not too bad to take off, and most auto parts stores will check 'em for free... i've seen several cars lately where the starter starts dragging and/or locks up and does kinda what ur describing... i'd also double check all ur cables, make sure you've got good connections and clean the battery posts...
good luck man, thats all i can think of...

·
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
299 Posts
Do you hear a "click" when you turn the ignition, or nothing at all? Get a new battery and let us know if that does anything

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
EDIT**Its like a click and like a quite thump or something dont know how to describe it.. seems to be coming from something under the windshield washer fluid reservouir if I turn it to On position but if i try to turn over i hear that passing through the on part but no click at all if I try to turn it over..

·
Registered
5 Posts
EDIT**Its like a click and like a quite thump or something dont know how to describe it.. seems to be coming from something under the windshield washer fluid reservouir if I turn it to On position but if i try to turn over i hear that passing through the on part but no click at all if I try to turn it over..

and theres a slight buzz in the bg?
what year camry i had the same problem on a 98

·
Registered
750 Posts
You need current to drain the battery. If it was just bad crimping, it is unlikely that this would be your prob. If you boost it properly and it still won't turn over, then have a look at the starter. If there is a starter prob, have the battery retested and charged to make sure that it didn't get damaged during all the trouble. That way you will have one less thing to worry about when it's ready to go.

If it is not the starter, get the altenator checked along with the battery. Wth these three major comps checked out it should simplify trying to find another problem if they are all ok.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts