Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings!
I just picked up a Toyota Certified Blizzard Pearl 2009 I4 yesterday, 300 miles from here. Flew in and drove it home. Still better deal than all the local dealers who are so proud of them! Only a few options: CD Changer, Backup Camera. Didn't really want all the bells and whistles.

To my question: I made the (mistaken) assumption that all Venzas came with that window-shade like cargo (tonneau) cover. Oops! :facepalm: Are there any alternatives to buying one from Toyota, other than getting lucky if someone want to sell on Ebay or here? Any DIY'ers out there made something on their own that looks presentable? Don't want to stretch the budget too much further if I can help it.

Thanks

·
Registered
207 Posts
Greetings!
I just picked up a Toyota Certified Blizzard Pearl 2009 I4 yesterday, 300 miles from here. Flew in and drove it home. Still better deal than all the local dealers who are so proud of them! Only a few options: CD Changer, Backup Camera. Didn't really want all the bells and whistles.

To my question: I made the (mistaken) assumption that all Venzas came with that window-shade like cargo (tonneau) cover. Oops! :facepalm: Are there any alternatives to buying one from Toyota, other than getting lucky if someone want to sell on Ebay or here? Any DIY'ers out there made something on their own that looks presentable? Don't want to stretch the budget too much further if I can help it.

Thanks
Unless I'm mistaken that is standard equipment on all trim levels.

·
Registered
2009 Venza 2017 Tund
368 Posts
I am pretty sure it is standard equipment. We put the cargo cover in our garage, 2 weeks after delivery, just seemed to always be in the way. It is still in the garage, never used it, probably won't, what does Toyota want for one? Wyovenza

·
Registered
168 Posts
That's standard equipment. I have a base 09 I4 with no options and got that

·
Registered
207 Posts
My friend had a totaled Venza and i picked up the shade, cargo mat and floor mats. I only want to keep the floor mats. We are here to help other fourm members not get ripped off my the dealers.
Hey I'd appreciate the cargo mat depending on the color and condition. Thanks!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Love to buy that $25 one, but my interior is tan. Reading through the owners manual, it says a number of times "if equipped", so maybe it really was an option? At any rate, if someone has a tan one they want to sell, PM me with details.

·
ARCHIE74
09 Toyota Venza
22 Posts
Greetings!

Thanks
Had the same issue my friend, the only difference my dealer was 3 miles away compared to your 300miles. When i test drove the vehicle the floor mats and privacy curtain was there, I didn't realize until i got home that the mats and curtain was gone :mad:. Obviously I returned the nx day pissed!!! I won the battle over the curtain, but never got my floor mats returned, Its all good, i was more concerned about the curtain. Soon i will be putting music in my Venza and dnt need everyone to see what i got in the back....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts