Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The reason I ask is because I've read you can disable the rear seatbelt chimes but Carista doesn't have that setting. Do some scanners give you access to more customization options?

Carista questions:

1. I set every radar cruise option to remember the last distance instead of the factory furthest away setting. It remembers the last setting when I turn cruise off and on again but always resets to furthest away when I start the car. Why is it doing this?

2. HUD. There are concave and convex settings but I don't see any difference on my HUD between any of them. Normal?

2019 xse. Cheers

·
2018 Camry XSE V6
2,289 Posts
1. What setting is this? I don't see it on carista and i don't even see it on techstream. Ive actually tried to do this myself but never found the setting for it.
2. It changes but not a lot. I can tell when i changed those settings but it's subtle. You should be able to tell because of the graph that shows up before it changes.

·
Registered
516 Posts
The reason I ask is because I've read you can disable the rear seatbelt chimes but Carista doesn't have that setting. Do some scanners give you access to more customization options?
From what I understand, The full list of available options depends on the car, and the Carista developers have to manually add each feature before it will be available. There are also a bunch of options in Carista that may not work on the Camry (like passenger mirror auto-down while in reverse) because Carista is made for more than just the Camry.

I set every radar cruise option to remember the last distance instead of the factory furthest away setting. It remembers the last setting when I turn cruise off and on again but always resets to furthest away when I start the car. Why is it doing this?
Same here. That option may not be available on these cars.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Since we are talking about Carista, may I ask, the setting on Parking sensors, If I set the setting to Short does that means I need to come closer to the curb before it beeps? And If I set it to Long, I come about a yard to the curb it would beep? Thanks

·
2018 Camry XSE V6
2,289 Posts
Since we are talking about Carista, may I ask, the setting on Parking sensors, If I set the setting to Short does that means I need to come closer to the curb before it beeps? And If I set it to Long, I come about a yard to the curb it would beep? Thanks
I think so. It doesn't change the radio waves or whatever it uses to detect the object but it changes when the beeping/warning should come on. when it first detects it or when you get a little closer. I remember playing around with it and noticed that at long, it would beep sooner than later. Though those settings are also in the MID. It's the sensitivity settings.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I think so. It doesn't change the radio waves or whatever it uses to detect the object but it changes when the beeping/warning should come on. when it first detects it or when you get a little closer. I remember playing around with it and noticed that at long, it would beep sooner than later. Though those settings are also in the MID. It's the sensitivity settings.
Thank you. I prefer long range then. I dont want to hit the curb then beeps lol.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers guys.

1. What setting is this? I don't see it on carista and i don't even see it on techstream. Ive actually tried to do this myself but never found the setting for it.
2. It changes but not a lot. I can tell when i changed those settings but it's subtle. You should be able to tell because of the graph that shows up before it changes.
This is what I see for #1.

For #2. I figured it out changing the settings in my garage with the lights off. The HUD shows a grid and changes after you save.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Cheers guys.

This is what I see for #1.

For #2. I figured it out changing the settings in my garage with the lights off. The HUD shows a grid and changes after you save.

View attachment 288915
The PCS is not for cruise control. It is for when something pops up in front of the car and the Camry automatically applies the brakes.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The PCS is not for cruise control. It is for when something pops up in front of the car and the Camry automatically applies the brakes.
Then why did it change my radar cruise setting? Before, when I turned cruise off and on again, it would default to the furthest distance. Now, it remembers the last distance.

·
2018 Camry XSE V6
2,289 Posts
Then why did it change my radar cruise setting? Before, when I turned cruise off and on again, it would default to the furthest distance. Now, it remembers the last distance.
It always did this. If you turn the car off and back on then it'll default to the furtherest one. If you turn it off and on without turning the car off then it'll remember the last distance.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Because that is by default. That is how the Toyota Camry was setup.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
^ But I changed the default to "remember last distance" and it doesn't remember the last distance. That was my point.

Another Carista question. What exactly is the coming home light? Option is on or off.

·
2018 Camry XSE V6
2,289 Posts
^ But I changed the default to "remember last distance" and it doesn't remember the last distance. That was my point.

Another Carista question. What exactly is the coming home light? Option is on or off.
For the PCS it does, not for the vehicle to vehicle distance, there is no settings to change that.

·
Registered
516 Posts
At night, when you get out of your car and lock the doors, the outside lights stay on for a minute or so. I think those are the coming home lights. You can also shut them off by just pressing the lock button on the fob again.

·
2018 Camry XSE V6
2,289 Posts
Make sure the headlight switch is on auto, that's the only way the coming home light works on. When you exit the vehicle and press the lock button once on the key fob, the doors will lock but the lights will remain on for 30-60 seconds and then shut off automatically. Or just press the lock button on the key fob twice and the lights will turn off. Has to be on auto though.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Cheers everyone. I shut my lights off right away, so coming home isn't for me.

I gotta say, Carista is great and definitely worth the $20 to personalize the car.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts