Toyota Nation Forum banner

Carwow: The 10 worst car trends that must DIE!

978 views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  steve108 
#1 ·

Its mostly Euro brands that nickel and dime for subscriptions, but Toyota does the same for 'remote start'?

#13 ·
1. Steering yokes 0:29
2. Subscriptions 2:15
3. Aero wheel trims 3:35
4. No rear wipers 4:23
5. Ugly sensors 5:25
6. Sound generators 6:26
7. Price 7:11
8. Weight 8:05
9. Warning beeps 9:33
10. Reversing cameras (unable to clean) 10:35
#10. He's not complaining about reversing cameras. He's complaining about the cars that use obscene amounts of fluid to spray the camera. He like thes hidden cameras, that expose itself when needed.

#3 ·
I love the rear camera washer on my Highlander. All cars should come with this feature- at least ones sold in climates where rain/snow/sleet are common things. I do agree with the guy in the video- it pumps out way too much water when you clean it- but it's better than having to get out and clean it manually- and odds are- if you feel the need to clean the camera... your car is already dirty enough that spraying the rear lift gate with water isn't going to cause any frustration.

#7 ·
Old school old fart i could list 50 things that should die. 90% of electronic gizmos the cost to much and die to often. Low profile tires rough ride and potholes can kill tire and rim. Huge display for navigation, buy a map. Ugly as crap. Biggest. Bring back individual style, remove badges most cannot tell.one car from another. Oh and tall ass rims are getting out of hand on car anything over 17 is a waste of money and ride and just add usprung weight, the worst kind. I could go on but you get the jist, give me reliable decent car, like the one i have and plan on keeping 03 camry xle v6 350k miles and less than 1500 in repairs, all after 250k miles. Going to find out just how long it can last.

#10 ·
Subscriptions for anything other than satellite radio. JUST SAY NO!!! If you're going to charge me for a feature it had better be able to stand on it's own, or as far as I'm concerned,.. It doesn't exist.

Something that should be mandatory:

Tilt down headlight adjustment wheel on the dash to be able to adjust your headlights down when there are people in the back seat or stuff in the trunk. LED headlights should have never been approved without that feature being mandatory.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.