Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sup guys.
wonder if any of you know how to get a cat back exhaust system for a 01 I4 solara.
i saw the headers that RIPP has, pretty sweet. but i want something to match with that.
and on the topic, how's does the injen intake preform.
here's the link to my car if guys wanna check it out.
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/608346

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
Injet intakes? Crap. But your going to lose power with any "performance intake". Your best bet is your stock airbox with a K&N or TRD drop-in filter.

As for the exhaust, if you can't find it for sale, custom is the name of the game. Check out the local body shops and get some estimates.

But please, use the search button before posting new threads (the little blinking button at the top right of your screen). This subject has been covered a million times over. Thank you :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i was actually thinking about the K&N,
i was wondering about the injen because so many camry's have them. yeah i acutally found a cat back exhaust. greddy evo, but it was made for the 6 cyl. so that was kinda pointless. yeah i was thinking about custom, but thought that customs my cost more then premade brands. what do you think about those headers from RIPP

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
Headers are one of the smartest and best things you can buy for a car (and even more an import). The do what few products can do and that is improve low-end torque. They also give the car a nice sound. I would for sure get them.

Cat-backs aren't all they are cracked up to be.

Depending on how much you want done, custom exhaust aren't always that expensive. If you just cut from the cat to the muffler and replace that section, it can be as cheap as $400 (depending on the shop). But if you want a full custom exhaust, it will probably run more. I really couldn't tell you how much for those.

Your best bet is to drive around to some local muffler shops and get some estimates.

·
Ford Powered
1999 Ford Mustang
439 Posts
i still don't see why all the good exhaust and intake is made for the 6cyl when most people who mod camry's drive 4cyls. we're economical bastards!

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
They don't make good stuff for V6. Injet and Dragon intakes are the only ones made for V6 Gen3. They don't make an exhuast system, and they discontinued the headers. However they still have headers for the 4cyl.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
seems like any mods that i see are made just for the 6 cyl.
trd supercharger.
all of the exhause kits
the intakes.

i know of the RIPP mod supercharger, looks very tempting actually.

but i think 02 camrys and above now have a trd supercharger.
the sc used in the scion TC. i believe the I4 02- recent engine in the camry is the same one used in the TC.

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
Well for newer cars, that's true. As for past Gens (mostly Gen3 and preivous) there isnt anything for V6.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts