Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all here is the latest drove car for 1100 miles cat not ready?? Took to garage hooked it up to a Toyota scanner (we have a 98 4cyl Camry with 115K) tell if this sounds right, we found out it has CA emissions (bought it Maine live in NH) there telling me sensors are all new, cat underneath car is new as exhaust, the scanner said the second cat is borderline fail?? they are saying because its borderline this is causing the drive cycle not to be completed?? I looked up the part cost is around $225.00 for cat manifold. So they are going to do a hard reset unhook battery and see if this clears the ecu to see if it does the test. Its a 98 in good shape not sure if its worth the money, but they can't guarantee this is the problem either is there any Toyota techs out there to help, also what's a good manifold cat brand to buy if we go this route.
Thanks
Lions

·
Premium Member
95 CAMRY & 2011 CAMR
1,040 Posts

·
Premium Member
95 CAMRY & 2011 CAMR
1,040 Posts
Since you have CA VIN & having other issues, do you think you should use "OEM"?

BTW, just because it's a 1998, don't think it is not worth spending a $1000 on it. These cars can go forever w a little TLC. My 1992 had 488.000 on it. My 1995 has 304,000 on it. My 2011 has 44,000 on it.

These cars don't burn oil and pass all smog/carbon tests!

j

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cat not ready

Hello all here is the latest drove car for 1100 miles cat not ready?? Took to garage hooked it up to a Toyota scanner (we have a 98 4cyl Camry with 115K) tell if this sounds right, we found out it has CA emissions (bought it Maine live in NH) there telling me sensors are all new, cat underneath car is new as exhaust, the scanner said the second cat is borderline fail?? they are saying because its borderline this is causing the drive cycle not to be completed?? I looked up the part cost is around $225.00 for cat manifold. So they are going to do a hard reset unhook battery and see if this clears the ecu to see if it does the test. Its a 98 in good shape not sure if its worth the money, but they can't guarantee this is the problem either is there any Toyota techs out there to help, also what's a good manifold cat brand to buy if we go this route.
Thanks
Lions
Thank You all that helped us out , we replaced front cat, car passed inspection, we had some company discounts and a few broken bolt's but all fixed for around 900 but worth it. Thanks again
Lions

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.