Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 91 NA. I have recently bought headers and want to complete the project with a nice catback exhaust sytem. Could anyone tell me which exhaust systems are recommended which have 2 tips, a deep throaty sound (not too loud and not like what you hear from a civic), and is not too hard on the wallet? I hear KO racing has a nice system, but I have only found it for a turbo.

Thanx

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Headers for the MKII are extremely hard to find. I was pretty stoked when these popped up on ebay. I bought the Hot Shot Headers off of Ebay for about $210. I have yet to install them, since an exaust system is going to be purchased within the next week. There are a few problems with these headers though. They will not pass emissions (atleast in VA) since they get rid of the cat. Also i have read that the manufacurer does not include the correct gaskets. As for power....as you already probably know, the MKII has intake and ehaust limits. In my opinion, toyota had their heads up their asses in respect to this. So replacing your intake, ehaust and headers frees up a good amount of horsepower. A buddy of mine machined custom headers for his 93 NA and with HKS dragger catback exhaust he gained 14 hp!!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that's a good question, never thought about that. I'll have to ask him and get back to you on that one

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
vtsuckah said:
I've got a 91 NA. I have recently bought headers and want to complete the project with a nice catback exhaust sytem. Could anyone tell me which exhaust systems are recommended which have 2 tips, a deep throaty sound (not too loud and not like what you hear from a civic), and is not too hard on the wallet? I hear KO racing has a nice system, but I have only found it for a turbo.

Thanx
Fujitsubo is pretty nice sounding it cost about 100 dollars more than the tko but is all stanless. I heard that it is a quiet catback. the only drawback is that it will take 6 weeks to get here as its from japan. it has two tips.

·
Premium Member
'91 MR2 Turbo
19,831 Posts
I saw those headers on ebay. I was wondering about the quality. as far as the cat, do you not know anyone at a muffler shop that can mandrel bend pipe for you, weld in a high flow cat and mufflers?flowmaster makes 7" magnaflows that sound deep and throaty. I got one custom made that way and it was inexpensive

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
took my full exaust system off today all I gotta say is if you want to keep the stock pipes lift your car high. lift it high so that it can clear without hitting the ground. otherwise im not sure what condition everyone else bolts are in... witch could make things a pain. but if your bolts are in good shape it will be easy. also depends on how much you want to spend. you could even spend half of what the TKO exhaust cost to make a custom exhaust.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts