Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking for a place to mount a 4 or 6'
CB antenna on my '95 4runner. Ive looked at the back bumper but that doesnt have any ground for the antenna. On top of the 4runner would make it too tall. Any suggestions or pics would be appreciated. BTW I have done a search for it already:thumbup: )

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the pic. Did you have to fab that mount or did it just fit in there? I cant tell if it is one of those magnetic mounts or not. BTW thats a badass 4runner, what kind of lift you got on there?

·
Registered
38 Posts
i bought the truck as you see it there.but that antenna has a 90 degree mount on it and is just screwed into the fender.

the truck has 3 inch body and a 4 inch trailmaster suspension lift.
the truck has way more lights on it now,it has 2 more bigger spot lights like the ones on there and a set of driving/fog lights mounted under them,it has side lights under each front door to light up rocks and also some piaa back up lights.
do you have any pics of yours?

·
Registered
'20 gray crewcab 4x4; sold '09 access cab 4x4, '94 T100 4x4, '85 4x4, '82 2x4 pickup
500 Posts
I have always mounted mine (9' whip) on the right rear corner, on the bumper. I run an extra wire to the nearest chassis point to ground the shield. Just check it occasionally to make sure it is tight. Mine fell off a while back.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
924runner said:
i bought the truck as you see it there.but that antenna has a 90 degree mount on it and is just screwed into the fender.

the truck has 3 inch body and a 4 inch trailmaster suspension lift.
the truck has way more lights on it now,it has 2 more bigger spot lights like the ones on there and a set of driving/fog lights mounted under them,it has side lights under each front door to light up rocks and also some piaa back up lights.
do you have any pics of yours?
I have some pics, not updated for about a month. I got it a month ago mostly stock except for a smittybilt brush gaurd and stepbars. So far I have bought some Hella 500's to put on it. Im gonna post more pics after I get the CB with probly a 5' whip antenna. I think I have decided on the back right. My future mods are gonna be to get a 3 inch suspension lift with 33x11.50 bfg all terrains. With my gas mileage right now, that might be a while.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts