Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 Camry with the 6 CD changer. The CD player stopped working and has 6 CD's loaded. On CD 3 I was getting a Err 3 message. Trying to eject any CD or change to another CD would not work.

I pulled the radio fuse hoping that it would reset the CD player. When I turned it back on the CD player does not even seem to exist on the LCD display. Where it normally would show the number of CD's loaded it is now just blank. Pressing the CD button does not do anything.

Any thoughts? It it toast? The radio still is working fine.

·
ASE Master Technician
2006 Lexus GS430
2,396 Posts
This is a common problem. There are numerous threads regarding the issue I thought. I believe the fix is to replace the radio.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have the same problem. I have 2004 Highlander with the 6-disc cd changer radio. There are 2 cds loaded. CD2 icon is flashing. No cds change, load, or eject. This was a random event. One day, this just happened. I'm destined to find a fix. I don't want to replace the player, that will cost too much money. Well, if all else fails, I'll start cruising ebay I guess....

Well, if anyone finds a solution, let us know. I'll do the same. thanks.

·
Sedan Life
2003 Lexus ES300
5,115 Posts
i see this issue at work alot, and the solution is usually to replace the radio....sadly....i wish i could be of more help
id cruise ebay for replacement units of buy a nice aftermarket unit....either will be cheaper than an oem one from the dealer, which are very pricey.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts