Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cd player in my 2002 corolla is completely not working. I decided to get a cute trendy cd player from Best Buy or Circuit City but i have no idea which one to purchase. Does anyone have any idea which cd player is best especially for a 2002 toyota?:cool:

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
2,727 Posts
depends on what you want to do...do you want to play MP3 CDs? do you just want to play regular CDs? do you want cool graphics or good power coming from the unit?

tell me what you need and i'll tell you what you want :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi falnfenix i want something that plays cds and plays cds that were burned and i want cool graphics and good power!!! yes all the good stuff except MP3

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
2,727 Posts
as are mine...but if graphics are a must, the Kenwood Excelon series head units are pretty nice, and have a great sound. hell, i have had an Alpine, Pioneer, and Sony(not in that order) and i'm "upgrading" to an Excelon myself...i like that the most out of the ones i've heard/owned...and it has a chameleon face :)

·
Registered
78 Posts
just something for you to think about...

the thing about mp3 decks, and this is what stopped me from upgrading from my pioneer....if you have mixed cd's (all of mine are mixes, u know like over 30 tracks of continuous music). well with mp3 players u'll have to make them into one continuous track or it will insert pauses. um thats like say when u want to have like 10 or whatever mixed cd's on one cd in mp3 format. if
lol hope my post made sense, im tired lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks everyone but i dont have a clue about mp3's im a little behind. as for price range it doesnt matter to me. i will spend anything in order to a have my cd palyer again, gee i miss my music. the radio stations are sooooooo boring.

·
Registered
Dodge Caravan SE
310 Posts
Well.. here's something else.. Do you plan on putting in subs and such? or just speakers and deck? Because if you want a system you have to check for preouts and such :p My Pioneer doesn't have any and neither does my Kawasaki :p

Hell.. at the moment my Pioneer doesn't even have a face plate. I lost it :p LoL

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Slaughter what are preouts?? okay i read somewhere that toyotas have ISO mount DIN radios. is that true, is that going to cause a problem if i buy a jvc or kenwood .

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
2,727 Posts
you'll be fine. if you go to a car audio store and tell them what kind of car you have, they'll be able to help you...specifically by showing you what they're talking about.

just ask them to explain it a little more.

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
16 Scion tC
19,660 Posts
TRD_kid said:
just something for you to think about...

the thing about mp3 decks, and this is what stopped me from upgrading from my pioneer....if you have mixed cd's (all of mine are mixes, u know like over 30 tracks of continuous music). well with mp3 players u'll have to make them into one continuous track or it will insert pauses. um thats like say when u want to have like 10 or whatever mixed cd's on one cd in mp3 format. if
lol hope my post made sense, im tired lol
I know what you mean... its the same with PC mp3 players, except that you can't tell an MP3 deck to play continuously rather than put a pause in between.. You can with software MP3 players, I'm not sure about winamp but I know sonique has the option. Most of the mp3s I play in my car are DJ mixes too.. but live-to-air or radio mixes, not Mixed CD's.. for this reason if I have a mixed CD I just make it into a regular CD and avoid having to hear pauses. :)
The problem with MP3 decks is that they have to load one file at a time, this is why there's pauses. a PC will load a few in memory so that the pause is skipped.. until we get MP3 decks with on-board memory on them, they'll always have this problem.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I bought a pioneer DEH1650 and although I thought i was going to regret going with mp3 later on, so far i have not. I did not want to spend much since I am gettinmg married soon.

if you dont really care about mp3s get the deh 1650. It has a decent sound and it matches my interior really nice.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts