Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Mr. 2550
09 Camry SE
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the JBL nav system in my 09 Camry. Why does the title / track listing on CDs never have any info? I have one CD in my collection that shows the CD title and track names in the car. It is annoying.

I have all purchased CDs. They are not burned.

·
Mr. 2550
09 Camry SE
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So if I burn MP3s to a data CD it will show data?

G

·
If you chose to include CDTEXT information. Just burning a cd doesn't magically enable CDTEXT. It needs to be supported by your software and you then need to populate the data fields.

Edit: You're asking about two different things now. CDTEXT is a feature supported by audio compact discs only. MP3 files support something called ID3 tags. They are completely different beasts.

·
Registered
8,415 Posts
I always burn my own CD, I customized all the title, bass response, CD title, track names, etc.

Everything shows up on my screen along with a better bass response. :)

·
Registered
231 Posts
So if I burn MP3s to a data CD it will show data?
If the MP3s have that infromation in the ID3 tag part of the MP3 it will show up. But keep in mind it will show for a different reason then it would with an audio CD with CDTEXT data on it.

With CDTEXT that infromation comes from the disc and gives the player the text for all songs on the CD. The songs don't have text in them.

With a data CD (CD ROM) of MP3s that infromation should be inside each MP3 file so the player gets it as each song is played, not when you insert the disc.

·
Registered
8,415 Posts
Roxio. iTunes works too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts