Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Camry XLE V6
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I was wondering if someone could suggest something to fix my problem. My check engine light turns on and off sometimes. It usually turns on after being warm and accelerating slowly from a stop. And the weird thing is that it turns off after a few seconds. My buddy said it might be the O2 sensor. Everything seems to be fine except for the light. Same power output and crappy mileage for a v6 :lol: Any help would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
937 Posts
You could spend thousands of dollars throwing parts at it to see if that takes care of the problem, but I would suggest getting it checked out so you at least know what the code is. Its nearly impossible to acurately guess on a check engine light withought knowing what code its throwing.

·
Registered
Camry XLE V6
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can I still get the code even if the light is not on? I wasnt aware that I could do that heh. Ill go check later and get back to you guys.

·
Registered
937 Posts
If its a 96 or newer it should store the code for a while even if the light is off.

·
Registered
Camry XLE V6
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ShawnM said:
If its a 96 or newer it should store the code for a while even if the light is off.
Does that have to do with OBDII? I have OBDI. Its a 93 camry. Should I try checking anyways? Or is there something else i should do?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts