Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious as to if the newer corollas have the same engine as the Celica GT's. Not Gts I know those are 2zz. But besides some minor mods on the celica like ecu and what not they're basically the same engine? Wanna figure this out because my 3SGTE idea might go down the shitter since I don't feel like spending a good 2 days getting the wiring harness and everything :p:

·
Registered
136 Posts
the engines are basically the same. except for the tuning of the engines. celica's produce 10 extra horses and they hit lift at lower rpms 6000 compared to 6700.
since you have an auto you can find an auto 2zz to go with your car.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
actually I drive stick :D . But I was just considering the idea of putting celica parts on a corolla if they basically the same as long as I follow through with the ecu and everything. :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I meant the 2k+ celicas. Newer corollas have the 1zzfe I think and so does the Gt celica minus some more sporty tuning and a more agressive fuel/air mix.

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,666 Posts
yes.. the Celica GT has the same engine as the Corolla S, base, CE and the base Matrix and Matrix XR. the 1ZZFE

the Celica GTS has the same engine as the Corolla XRS and the Matrix XRS. the 2ZZGE

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ahh the answer I was looking for. My next question is, based on that couldn't I put celica parts on a corolla? Like engine related parts, headers, exhaust, and i dunno...*cough* Turbocharger . so as long as I make it complete with an ecu upgrade and what not I could technically put any Celica GT engine parts and uprgades on a corolla with the same engine? :D

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,666 Posts
You could.. but remember the space you will have in the hood will not be the same, some things might be placed in a different spot, so all you really have to look at is custom fabrication of some parts.

·
^
4,197 Posts
To add, the Celica ECU isn't plug and play with the Corolla harness. It seems stupid on Toyota's behalf to do that, but they did.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah I know the placement and compartments are a bit different. And yeah that's gay about the ecu. I just wanna do something spiffy for my rolla and being able to keep the stock engine would be lovely. I'll figure out something I just wanna plan it out.

·
Official Acura Troll
1,292 Posts
Deep said:
To add, the Celica ECU isn't plug and play with the Corolla harness. It seems stupid on Toyota's behalf to do that, but they did.
iirc, the auto's are the same, but the manuals are diff.

the only other diff btwn the celi 1zz and the corolla 1zz (besides ECU, and tuning, and related stuffs) is the intake manifold. however, just doing the intake manifold on the corolla doens't net any gain whatsoever for some reason.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
basically it's a corolla with a tune up and 2 doors :) . I might go the celica route and figure something out I dunno. Right now I might work on getting some Tein Coilovers but I'm worred about how low my car will sit with them on :disappoin

1 - 12 of 12 Posts