Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi im Vincent from sydney, i turn 17 in 4 months which means i can get my Ps. this leads to my first car, and obviously i have decided to get a celica. i just have a few questions about this car.

1. is the spoiler removable? because i want to replace with another spoiler.. (duh)

2.what is the largest size wheel that can fit on the car legally? or mechanically possible. i think it might be 17" but maybe goes up to 18"

ok those were the celica questions, now are just a few random questions that i had in mind:

1. how much would 17"-18" mags cost including tyres.. just approximately
2. how much do sideskirts and front bar cost. (shogun kit) or somethign similar... i could only find it in american sites so i was wondering if they are available here or like something similar and how mcuh it would cost to buy and mount
3. do i need to repaint the whole car if i get a kit? or just the kit?
4. how much do bucket seats cost?
5. does ANYBODY know that rattling sound an exhuast makes when you stop accelerating.. its not da backfire affect.. its more like a rattle snake wen the accelerater is let off.. or like a hissing noise.. i know it mite be blowoff valve or turbo or somethign but somebody told me it was da exhuast so i was just curious
6. how much does exhuast cost to buy and instal.. (cat back)

i think thats all for now.. its a mouthful, and yes ur probably wonder why i dont search it myself?.. the answer is cuz it keeps comming up with american sites and some of the answers i cannot find.
if anyone could help me answer some questions i would really appreciate it.. thank yOu!!

viNny-CenT

·
Registered
91 Posts
1. please no tall aluminum spoilers.
2. 18s will fit but 17s or 16s are highly recommended.

1. anywhere from 300$ and up if u get them used off ebay or something.
2. the shogun kit is ugly and ricer (imo) but if you mudt rice out your celica you can get a full kit on ebay for about 400$ shipped.
3. yes, the kit is white and fiberglass. so it will need painted.
4. pretty expensive depending on the brand. 150-500 dollars each. 150 for cheap generic
brand and 500 for top of the line like sparco.
5. sounds like a blow off valve to me.
6. if you are getting the 1.6 liter, i dont think anyone makes a cat back but if you get the 2.2 pacesetter makes a catback for 200 or you can go to a muffler shop and install 2.25 inch pipes and an aftermarket muffler.

important- please do not rice out your celica. not to be mean but i dont want you to look dumb. and it sounds like thats what ur gonna end up doing. if you want to rice it out more power to ya, but i was giving you fair warning.

what engine is in the sx? im not familiar with aus. celicas.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nah i am basically forced to rice out... cuz australian RTA doesnt allow P platers any engine modifications at all... so basically ill have to rice it until i get my full licence when then ill buy a twin turbo supra engine and replace my sx engine with it.. and are all thsoe prices american?
i wish i could mod da engine buh ill get defected... grrr.. oh well i guess ill have to wait till i get my full licence... thanks for all the help and btw.. nice car.. what mags are they?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh and da spoiler.. its like a supra spoiler i think.. cuz da celicas boot looks really empty without somethign there.. so i wanted to put a supra or one of em double winged spoilers.. none of dat aluminium spoiler stuff... what mods have you done to ur car?

·
Ricer Hunter
142 Posts
well vinny, i think we all know you will never buy a twin turbo supra and stick it in your SX.. partially because they arent so easy to find around here, and largely because its not a feasible swap (as you will discover).
look at carmate.com for aussie kits. the spoiler is easy to remove, and for the record your engine is 2.2l , 5sfe

·
Registered
91 Posts
yea those are all american prices. and the supra spoiler will look good i just dont like the tall alluminum ones. thanks for the compliment on the wheels. they are 17 inch adr i think i boought them off ebay for 300 shipped. nice deal. theyre in a little rough shape though. man aulstalia sucks, no engine mods. and good look with the supra swap, lol, you will realize the scale of that swap and not want to do it anymore. oh and all ive done is rims, lowered 2 inches, intake, exaust, ignition. thats about all besides a bunch of little stuff. good luck with findin those parts.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
flex-appeal said:
well vinny, i think we all know you will never buy a twin turbo supra and stick it in your SX.. partially because they arent so easy to find around here, and largely because its not a feasible swap (as you will discover).
look at carmate.com for aussie kits. the spoiler is easy to remove, and for the record your engine is 2.2l , 5sfe
You do know there is a V8 RWD 5th gen in Austria?
Twin Turbo is possible with lots of coins or skill or both.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Omg So Hawt

i think you guys have already seen it cuz i found da link on this site buh! OMG! what kinda body kit is dat? are those glow in da dark decals??? woahh im drooling all over my keyboard... soo hawt... and since i dont know how to attach a picture.. go to the lambo doors thread and the bright yellow/green celica with lambo doors and blue tears.. what kinda body kit is that?? omg dat is my goal.. how much you guys reckon itll cost all together?

and btw thanks for all the help really appreciate it. i never knew there were so many celica fans out there

·
Bootsing the 165
126 Posts
Pineapple said:
You do know there is a V8 RWD 5th gen in Austria?
Twin Turbo is possible with lots of coins or skill or both.
If i remember right that was down to an alltrac (gt4) and not a SX (which I there is the North America version of the ST)

Vinny-Cent: not to put you down or anything man but I think you need to hang around some celica site and start reading on whats out there. (the TT supra engine swap ant going to happen, here is a search word for you "3sgte" :wink: )

Also it sounds like you wanta go for looks first (I know you said you have no other way, seeing that your a new driver..) but you should rethink the body mods too.. hell it would be sweet to pull up in school with a "pimp out ride" (i have my first car at 17 too, a 1987 Celica GTS) but think as is this way, would making these body mods make you a target to be pull over by the cops that think you have illegal mods or your a "street racer".. (this image given you to be an un-name movie)??

Good luck with what ever you choose to do, and post some images up of the car.. (before and after the mods)

Edward.

·
Registered
91 Posts
actually isnt the sx like an st with a gt engine? and another thing i would strongly recommend for you vinny is upgrading the suspension. it will make it lower and handle better, all around a good mod for looks and performance. if you must put on a body kit i would check out some diffrent ones besides vader. go to toyotacelicaonline.com and click body kit guide and it will show u all kits for celicas.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
5 Participants
90celicaGT-S
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing