Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, has anybody figured out how to wire up the cruise control for the 3spoke toyota steering wheels (celica, mr2, corolla, matrix, camry se) to the gen3 cruisde control unit?

there was long discussion about this long ago, but did anybody come up with a solution since then?

·
Pabloso
96 camry
527 Posts
i havent done it but i was woundering what would happen if you take out the cruise control unit all together... would u get any type of code???
i have a 92 camry xle 5sfe and my cruise control dont work.
i figure i wouldnt need it since im planning to hook it up.i just wanted to know what would happen before i did any work.

·
Boost Is On The Way
79 Posts
I have done a steering wheel swap in my 5th gen Celica with a 7th gen Celica wheel. I got the cruise wired up and working, but I don't remember how I did it. Its been like 2 years ago. And the only features that work on the cruise are "Set" "cancel" "coast". If I have some time today, I will go to my storage garage and take the wheel out to see how I did it.

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ChewDogg said:
I have done a steering wheel swap in my 5th gen Celica with a 7th gen Celica wheel. I got the cruise wired up and working, but I don't remember how I did it. Its been like 2 years ago. And the only features that work on the cruise are "Set" "cancel" "coast". If I have some time today, I will go to my storage garage and take the wheel out to see how I did it.

hmmm...that'd be great if you have the time...then I can at least have an idea and a starting point :thumbup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts