Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Corolla CE
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a nice old set of 15" Celica alloys for my '21 Corolla. I tried the alloys on the Corolla and everything seems good except the wheel studs. They might be a little short (the lug nuts pictured are the stock Corolla steelies nuts). What do you think? Enough threads? View attachment 358511

·
Registered
2007 Corolla CE
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I picked up a nice old set of 15" Celica alloys for my '21 Corolla. I tried the alloys on the Corolla and everything seems good except the wheel studs. They might be a little short (the lug nuts pictured are the stock Corolla steelies nuts). What do you think? Enough threads? View attachment 358511
Here's a quick comparison. Alloy on the front. Stock steelie / wheel cover on the back (ignore the tire size difference, the alloys came with worn improper sized tires). I hope to refinish the alloys this winter. View attachment 358512

·
Registered
3,795 Posts
For whatever reason, I can't view your attachments (neither of them). It appears there is no content on your links.

You should go to an automotive parts store and have them look up the proper stud length for the hubs on your '21 Corolla and on the vehicle the old set of 15" Celica wheels were originally on. Alloy wheels don't use the tapered lug nuts like the steelies use, so the studs need to be a tad bit longer for the alloy wheels. Alloy wheels usually have the thicker center than steelies too, all add up to having longer studs. You can replace your Corolla studs with longer ones of the length the Celica had - most tire shops can handle the stud swap quite easily for you.

·
Registered
2007 Corolla CE
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For whatever reason, I can't view your attachments (neither of them). It appears there is no content on your links.
I'll have to look into why my images aren't posting. I'll try again. Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive tire

Yes, since I've posted I've been Googling and I've discovered the Celica alloys take a flat / mag style wheel nut (the stock nuts on the Corolla are conical shaped where they seat to the steelie). I have a '13 Tacoma with alloys (with flat / mag nuts) so I might try out one of the Tacoma's nuts.

Thanks for the reply :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts