Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I've got a quick question. I was looking around on the net today for CAI for my 00 Corolla, I can't find any. I did see alot for the Celica with the VVT-i motor. Would the VVT-i in the Celica be the same, or close enough, to be able to put that CAI into the Corolla?

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,665 Posts
The motors are the same, its the space in the engine bay that is not.. you might have to do some modifications to get around things.

·
Registered
12 Posts
WskyGrl said:
How about the VVTi motors in the Corolla versus the Corolla Type S?
Aren't they the same? The Corolla S is only visually different (bodykit) from the VE/CE/LE... mechanically they are the same.

Also along the lines of this topic: how much difference is there between the matrix and corolla? They are built on the same chassis so perhaps the mods available would be interchangeable between the two? Am I correct?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought they would be very similiar if not actually the same but I haven't been to the dealership yet to look under the hoods. :D
I already bought one intake that didn't work and don't want to make the same mistake agian. It kind of throws me off though b/c the 2000 Corolla VVTi is supposed to have 125hp, as where the newer Type S starts somewhere around 170hp. If what I read is correct, anyway;)

·
Registered
884 Posts
WskyGrl said:
I thought they would be very similiar if not actually the same but I haven't been to the dealership yet to look under the hoods. :D
I already bought one intake that didn't work and don't want to make the same mistake agian. It kind of throws me off though b/c the 2000 Corolla VVTi is supposed to have 125hp, as where the newer Type S starts somewhere around 170hp. If what I read is correct, anyway;)
Thats the Corolla XRS, which is the Celica GTS engine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts