Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Tacoma AC 4x4
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,
I'm having an issue with my center console. One morning I woke up and opened the thing to put my iPod in and the plastic latch piece broke off. Now I understand that my vehicle has been outside for a few winters and plastic breaks but Toyota doesn't make that part individually. I went to the dealer with the part number and it seems to only come with the center console as a three hundred something dollar set.
Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem, before I head to the junkyard to find one.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Man... that really sucks, sorry about that. The same thing happened to me and I got the same response from my Toyota dealer. So I am just living with it for now until I get really sick of it and buy the whole piece or can find another solution.

·
FREE CITIZEN
Tacoma 06 DC TRD OR
496 Posts
When my Rangers console latch broke, I refused to buy the whole thing so I put some 1"x2" velcro on it and it worked great, after a few months the velcro glue gave up and I fastened the velcro back with 2 metal studs screws, it lasted for ever and never had to deal with it again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts