Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys Im looking for a centripetal supercharger, i found one for the Scion tC but i dont think that it will work! Any ideas. I would love to use a TRD unit but if I cant find one I'm will have to go other ways. Any suggestions!

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
I think your only true option right now is the twin-screw roots-type supercharger, since the space under the hood is a tight fit and a centripetal supercharger might not have room in there, even if there is one designed for the Echo. I'm sure you can find a TRD one here or ebay or from TRD themselves, although I'm sure it's very pricey. Otherwise check Toyota TTE (Toyota Team Europe) as they have that same supercharger in their Yaris T-Sport (same as the 1.5L EchoHatch RS), or check out Blitz website as the supercharger came from them. Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
Supra
3,640 Posts
I see no reason to use it. Positive displacement superchargers are available as mentioned in kit form for the echo. If you were to go to all the effort to install a centrifuge, I'd just go turbo...far simpler to custom install.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
^^^what? Why? Does Wraith have problems with it or he doesn't like it, or because of the whole lack of LSD issue?

·
"I BUILD SLEEPERS"
2014 4Runner TEP
2,558 Posts
EchoHoLiK said:
^^^what? Why? Does Wraith have problems with it or he doesn't like it, or because of the whole lack of LSD issue?

I'm moving on to bigger and better things... I'm doing a engine swap 4a-ge 20Valve Black Top and I did a 6spd swap which also help because I had a KAAZ lsd installed...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts