my name isn't really Bob
Solara
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
5M-GE
2,901 Posts
:barf: :barf: :barf:

At least they took the slowest possible MKIV to do it... non-turbo, automatic...

·
Zoom-Zoom
2008 Mazdaspeed 3/2012 Ford Escape
7,130 Posts
seen it.

if i remember, it's RaceOnUsa that's selling it..

they're a pretty good brand, but they're over priced..

funny how the Auto NA supra is the "slowest" which is still quicker than most everyone on these boards..

ironic part is that the Auto TT's are the fastest supras...

think about that one..

·
5M-GE
2,901 Posts
Razo-E said:
funny how the Auto NA supra is the "slowest" which is still quicker than most everyone on these boards..

ironic part is that the Auto TT's are the fastest supras...

think about that one..
The throttle's planted during automatic shifts, so you don't lose boost as opposed to lifting and shifting with the manual... it's a fairly common thing with turbocharged cars to have automatic versions quicker than the manuals.

·
Carzz R Xpensive!!111
1,223 Posts
I HAVE NEVER SEEN SO MUCH CARBON FIBER IN MY LIFE!!!! :lol:

i think it looks okay, defiantly original, i would like it more if it was the black carbon fiber, instead of the greenish. it looks like a frog...a very fast frog...but a frog, nonetheless!

·
Zoom-Zoom
2008 Mazdaspeed 3/2012 Ford Escape
7,130 Posts
repinS said:
The throttle's planted during automatic shifts, so you don't lose boost as opposed to lifting and shifting with the manual... it's a fairly common thing with turbocharged cars to have automatic versions quicker than the manuals.
that, and you get consistant shifts.:)

that's why it's funny when people bash on autos when they're the fastest..

·
Black since 1985
97 Camry
2,468 Posts
Indeed I used to cream my friend in his hooked up Teg before I even had my supercharger simply because of the fact that he had to shift.. while he was shifting .. I was pulling away. If he coulda shifted faster.. he could've beat me

·
S14 Fever :D
1993 Toyota Scepter
2,457 Posts
I was really never a fan of that kind. I think it destroys the aggreasive clean lines of the Supra.

Oh and I vouch for the Auto too, as being the only Turbo Auto Camry owner(Well not anymore:() on this board. Automatics have a great advantage over manuels when it comes to boost. I did not ever have to wait after the tranny shifted for the turbo to spool up.

·
Registered
132 Posts
looks like a really bad vette, crossed with a horrible viper, with very little good supra left

no turbo, no manual tranny, baaaaaaaaaaaaaadddddd
and not all auto's are faster, becuz sometimes the gear it different
ie. RX-8 6 spd, vs auto, same motor, auto has less hp, blah
ie#2 Mazdaspeed6, vs CX-7 (out in spring), same motor, cx-7 drops 50hp with the 6spd auto, opposed to 6spd manual

with equal hp on the same car, auto will win, boosted or not, computer can shift faster than any human, any day

but the main question is...which is more fun to drive on a daily basis...ok auto might win for some of you who live in the city where manual can become a pain in stop and go traffic, but still...with a car like that, or any type of sports car, I would never go to an auto, blah, what fun is that?!?!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.