Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Changinging VALVE SEALS and rough idle sometimes

Hi everyone! I'm new to these forums.

I was wondering how hard it is to change the valve seals on a 91' tercel 5spd manual DX.
I burn very little oil while driving. I only see a puff of smoke outta the tailpipe when i start the engine up again after it's rested for a good ~6 hours (ie: in the morning, after work etc.)

Other than that you can't see smoke coming out of the car when i'm driving *knock on wood*

My rear main seal was replaced back in 97' i think, so i believe that's why i've had good luck with no leaks, yet! (although i think it's time so change the pan gasket cuz i can see a very lil seepage)

Also, concerning my idle. Sometimes the car has great power and sometimes it's sluggish. I'm thinking that it's the fuel filter which i want to replace soon too. Any tips? It might be one bad injector also, because sometimes after the car has sat for a long time ~8 hours or more, i start it and it runs on 3 cylinders and then if i give it a lil gas it'll start to get going!

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
136 Posts
for a 91 if your not seeing much smoke, then it's in good shape, wouldn't worry about it, i'd do a tune-up and go from there for the performance problem

1 - 2 of 2 Posts