Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, all I have left to complete my cosmetic transformation of my Camry is to do the wheels.

But i wanted to kinda get a feeling from you guys here who swapped your rims out, what the chances are of me selling my factory SE highway driven wheels ???? i was thinking about waiting until my tires needed to be replaced so i could size them how i wanted, but i also want to make sure they are in perfect condition with no scuffs or scraps like they are now....

I want to see exactely how much i think i should be able to get for them before i sell so i can "justify" the swap to my wife :)

I was thinking i should be able to get 125 each for them shipped. ebay seems to be selling the tires and wheels for 800-900 shipped, so i thought that 500 shipped for the set seemed fair.....what do you all think ???? do you all think there is even a market out there for them ??

Let me know what you all do with you factory wheels after you upgrade. thanks :clap:
 

·
Under Reconstruction
Joined
·
4,350 Posts
$500 shipped seems fair. Personally, I would keep them as a spare just incase anything happens.
 

·
Registered
2007 Camry TCH
Joined
·
589 Posts
I sold my Hybrid/XLE 16" wheels for $450 picked-up. So $500 shipped for the SE 17" is definitely a buyer-friendly price. I would think you should be able to get $500 pre-shipping with no problem (shipping will run you at least $50-60 within the U.S.)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Epsilon said:
$500 shipped seems fair. Personally, I would keep them as a spare just incase anything happens.
i never understood why i would need a spare ...... i mean, if something happened to the regular rims i don't have a spare then, so what is the point.

i am not going to drop 2000 bucks or anyhting like that, so i don't really care that much about snow/salt and that stuff.

my main goal is for just alittle something that will dress up my car a tad and give it that classy not too flashy look.



FLOP - I would love to find someone local to pick up from me. thanks for the input
 

·
Under Reconstruction
Joined
·
4,350 Posts
For instance, for some unknown reason your tire blows up on the highway or the tire is punctured beyond repair. It's nice to know you have a full set of wheels at home you can just mount and go on with your business instead of waiting for the damaged tire to get repaired. Stuff happens and it's nice to have a backup.

How many miles on your stock tires?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Epsilon said:
For instance, for some unknown reason your tire blows up on the highway or the tire is punctured beyond repair. It's nice to know you have a full set of wheels at home you can just mount and go on with your business instead of waiting for the damaged tire to get repaired. Stuff happens and it's nice to have a backup.

How many miles on your stock tires?
i am at 7,000 and change
all highway miles....
 

·
The Naive Voice of Reason
2006 Lexus ES330
Joined
·
2,083 Posts
$500 does seem fair. You have any pics of the wheels. Someone might pick them up right away. I know I would consider them if I really knew I had the money and they looked good enough. Also, it might help to mention whether or not they would fit on a Gen5.:D
 

·
Registered
1994 Camry LE
Joined
·
380 Posts
I'd be interested, too. Although, depending on where in PA you are, I'd maybe want to do a pick up.
 

·
Love my Camry
2007 Camry,
Joined
·
70 Posts
Do you have any pics? The price is certainly good. Like 02whiteLE, I might be interested in picking them up, depending on where you were.
 

·
Here and there...
Camry 07
Joined
·
5,838 Posts
n8dogg455 said:
Well, all I have left to complete my cosmetic transformation of my Camry is to do the wheels.

But i wanted to kinda get a feeling from you guys here who swapped your rims out, what the chances are of me selling my factory SE highway driven wheels ???? i was thinking about waiting until my tires needed to be replaced so i could size them how i wanted, but i also want to make sure they are in perfect condition with no scuffs or scraps like they are now....

I want to see exactely how much i think i should be able to get for them before i sell so i can "justify" the swap to my wife :)

I was thinking i should be able to get 125 each for them shipped. ebay seems to be selling the tires and wheels for 800-900 shipped, so i thought that 500 shipped for the set seemed fair.....what do you all think ???? do you all think there is even a market out there for them ??

Let me know what you all do with you factory wheels after you upgrade. thanks :clap:
You can try to post your ad for free on www.craigslist.com it is locally for each city/county that the users select. I sold my LE tires for $400 locally in San Diego through www.craigslist.com It's free. Your rims & tires will also fit all Camry Gen 4 & 5 (not sure Gen 3), Honda Accord, Nissan Altima, Mishubitshi Galant, you want to list them in your add so when people search for any of those cars... your ad will show up. Good luck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks for all the replies guys

as far as craigslist i tried it with car stereo stuff but to no luck .....
i could resort back to there if need be.

as far as the pics go, i don't have any of specificallt each tire, since i only started thinking about a swap.... you can see them here with my headlight retro .... http://www.putfile.com/n8dogg455/images/75061




guys i wasn't thinking of doing 500 shipped with tires.... they only have 7000 miles on them. i almost was thinking about keep them 17" but a gunmetal instead since i am putting 25,000 miles on a year most likely and don't really want to pay out the arse for a larger tire like a 18 or something.... (last time i looked it was a 60 buck differnce a tire)

i don't live far from philly, about and hour north of philly and if i could arrange a local pickup that would be best, and thus i could do a lower price for the buyer as well. (shipping looks like 25 bucks per rim and 45 per rim and tire)

and if someone really needed tires, i guess i could buy the new wheels/tires as a package, but the price would have to be right :)
 

·
SinDonor
2007 Camry SE V6
Joined
·
25 Posts
n8dogg455 said:
thanks for all the replies guys

as far as craigslist i tried it with car stereo stuff but to no luck .....
i could resort back to there if need be.
Man, I've sold 3 cars using Craigslist! I've sold a 91 Camry, 00 Audi S4, and an 02 Sentra SE-R.

Plus, I bought a $600 new couch off Craigslist and whittled the seller down to $150 for it.

Craigslist is da bomb in Phantoms, yo!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
the post office sucks.... my insurance claim has been denied ... that ruins my day

sorry I had to vent .....
 

·
The Naive Voice of Reason
2006 Lexus ES330
Joined
·
2,083 Posts
^insurance claim?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thapranksta said:
^insurance claim?
yes i bought something on ebay and it was busted when it got here, so i had to go through the claim process to get my money back ..... but they are being retarded to me.

sorry it was a long morning at work trying to get work and deal with PO on the phone ....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Netforcer said:
was it something expensive? like anything to do with ur retros? sucks to hear
very expensive .... nothing to do with retros

if i told you i would have to kill you ......
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top