Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, first post, long time lurker :)

I recently switched out the LEDs in my gauge cluster (thanks to Jotaro and the others in that awesome DIY post!), and absolutely love the new look...now I want to change the hideous orange lights everywhere else.

I read that the enviro controls is a no go, and maybe the compass/temp display, but what about the steering wheel audio controls? The lights behind the fogs button (and all those other buttons right near there, along with the lights under the window/lock controls in the door...anyone done these? And what about the lights behind the gear shift indicators on the center console?

I would really like to get the whole interior to match...I still would like to kick the guy who designed that interior lighting scheme in the sack :thumbsdow

Thanks in advance for any advice, and here is a pic of my newly blued cluster:

·
Can hold his own
2009 Tacoma AC
135 Posts
Wow, you chose the exact color that I want to do for my cluster.

I won't be a dick and just tell you to search. If you check the DIY section there are articles for the radio/steering wheel/shifter/how to add lights to the 4x4 knob and I believe there is an article for the accessory lights and shifter. I haven't seen one for the door switches yet.

Also, welcome to TN. Prepare to be shocked by the knowledge this corner of the internet contains

·
Tacozoid
06 Tacoma double cab
32 Posts
I am not going to lie, Radios are a biotch! I just did 22 LED's in my radio and it looks much better. Colsole was a snap. My dash (like your's) is perfect. Good luck. Oh and the A/C control....forget it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts