Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first post, please be patient. I just purchased a 98 Camry SL. How would I gain 1 to 2 inches of ground clearance. The muffler drags when I go up my drive, it's very steep right from the start. I looked at the mounting and it it tight and right where the factory put it. I saw where there are larger diameter wheels but the ads said you have to use thinner tires so as not to change the height. I suppose larger wheels would affect the odometer. Can regular tires be used on the larger wheels ?? Thank you all for any help.

Dave Cook

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The street is narrow so straight in is hard. All the time I come in on an angle. I must admit if I go real slow, no touch. A little speed and the rear squats and the muffler hits. The steepness starts right away. By the way, thanks for the pictures of your car. Inside it looks like mine. Outside is different though. Good looking automobile you have there. Are they the stock wheels ??

Dave Cook

·
Traitor
332 Posts
mine yeah all stock....i dont know what you could do to make you car any higher cause all the springs out there are to lower your car...i think air bags can lower it but to my knowledge thats more money...what gen camry do you have?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't mean to imply the muffler is too low. It is right where Toyota design'd it to be. It's my driveway that's the problem. It starts right out at the street going up at a steep angle. The stock wheels are 14. If I could go to 15 or 16 with the same size tire, height wise, then I should have enough clearance. Thanks to all for the advice and information.

Dave Cook

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.