Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
'12 Corolla LE - MGM
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any way to change the sound the car makes when you have your key in the ignition?

I have various audio samples and once of them is a females voice saying "command codes verified". I want to have this sound bite 'chime' when I put the key in the ignition.

·
uh..no, it's not a hybrid
3,486 Posts
The OEM chime traditionally is just a speaker that produces a single note for a designated interval probably driven be a chip that is controlled by another chip that senses when certain conditions have been met triggering activation. You would have to splice into that circuit to activate the sound bite which would be stored on a device of some kind, then have a driver that could push it to a speaker capable of reproducing the sound bite frequencies so that it sounds like a voice and then at the correct volume. I may have missed something so there could be more

You are right, anything is possible. Depends how much time and money you have.

·
Registered
'12 Corolla LE - MGM
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I imgine that an EPROM (w/ the stored sound) would have to be inserted after the trigger mechanism.

If the stock sound is played from a standard speaker no additional speaker would have to be added. I might be oversimplifying it.

Guess I'll see if my mechanic knows anything about this.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2014 Camry XLE
391 Posts
If it were a simple plug in, then power would go through the plug in to activate the chime.
Electronics have changed and I am old, but if you were to simply pull the plug in (If it actually has one) and attach any sound byte board with speaker (Some birthday Cards have these) in parallel, then plug it back in you would have the sound byte and the chime at the same time. Simple, two minute install..
Cost? one $5.00 Birthday Card (Or wait till someone has a birthday and steal their card once they discard it.)

Of course birthday cards are not 12 volts, but even that is fairly simple to work around..

Used to be you could easily remove the chimes, but it has been a long time since I even bothered to look... Probably integrated and High Tech now...

Please, someone respond and let us know..
The Chime for the Headlights is so quiet, I tend to ignore it.
I need for it to be annoying, or I will have a dead battery when I least expect it...

·
Registered
2014 Camry XLE
391 Posts
Is there any way to change the sound the car makes when you have your key in the ignition?

I have various audio samples and once of them is a females voice saying "command codes verified". I want to have this sound bite 'chime' when I put the key in the ignition.
You could have a sound byte (MP3) run from your CD player when you power up.
First thing you would hear, before your actual play list starts..
You could simply change modes once it plays, bypassing the CD songs..

Creative Cheating to get the desired effect...
Besides, you could easily change the sound byte for different audiences..

For instance:

Have it go through a whole series of checks..
ABS (Air bags systems Check)
ABS (Anti-lock Braking systems Check)
Posi-trak System Functioning Properly.
Cabin Pressure and Filtering system Check!
Audio Sound Equalization Test in Process..
One Two Three Four Five
Adjusted Acoustics to passengers, Check.
Tire Pressures Check
Check

Bobby, You may now take the helm, you are in control,
Please activate the radar detector,
Lets have a safe flight and another awesome travel adventure!

Might be fun, if the audience is gullible.

·
Registered
'12 Corolla LE - MGM
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If it were a simple plug in, then power would go through the plug in to activate the chime.
Electronics have changed and I am old, but if you were to simply pull the plug in (If it actually has one) and attach any sound byte board with speaker (Some birthday Cards have these) in parallel, then plug it back in you would have the sound byte and the chime at the same time. Simple, two minute install..
Cost? one $5.00 Birthday Card (Or wait till someone has a birthday and steal their card once they discard it.)

Of course birthday cards are not 12 volts, but even that is fairly simple to work around..

Used to be you could easily remove the chimes, but it has been a long time since I even bothered to look... Probably integrated and High Tech now...

Please, someone respond and let us know..
The Chime for the Headlights is so quiet, I tend to ignore it.
I need for it to be annoying, or I will have a dead battery when I least expect it...
Yep, those birthday cards were used for some interesting things a few years back.

I tried to poke my head around the steering column but whatever I need to even see requires taking things apart - and I'm way too much of a noobie to do something like that.

·
Registered
'12 Corolla LE - MGM
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You could have a sound byte (MP3) run from your CD player when you power up.
First thing you would hear, before your actual play list starts..
You could simply change modes once it plays, bypassing the CD songs..

Creative Cheating to get the desired effect...
Besides, you could easily change the sound byte for different audiences..

For instance:

Have it go through a whole series of checks..
ABS (Air bags systems Check)
ABS (Anti-lock Braking systems Check)
Posi-trak System Functioning Properly.
Cabin Pressure and Filtering system Check!
Audio Sound Equalization Test in Process..
One Two Three Four Five
Adjusted Acoustics to passengers, Check.
Tire Pressures Check
Check

Bobby, You may now take the helm, you are in control,
Please activate the radar detector,
Lets have a safe flight and another awesome travel adventure!

Might be fun, if the audience is gullible.
Funny but not quite the effect I'm going for.
:thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.