Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.
I apparently have a blown head gasket that is causing overheating. Does anyone have advice on where I can find information on how to change the head gasket? I am hoping the front head is the culprit.

Thanks

·
Registered
649 Posts
Maybe first spend $20 to get 48 hours on Toyota TIS to get the official repair manual for your car. A Haynes Guide could help, but in my experience, it's not as detailed as the Toyota FSM.

A blown head gasket, especially on a V6 is a decently big job. Definitely do some searching around on the forums. Also RockAuto (and the 5% discount) is your friend. Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe first spend $20 to get 48 hours on Toyota TIS to get the official repair manual for your car. A Haynes Guide could help, but in my experience, it's not as detailed as the Toyota FSM.

A blown head gasket, especially on a V6 is a decently big job. Definitely do some searching around on the forums. Also RockAuto (and the 5% discount) is your friend. Good luck!
Thanks for the link. Can I down load PDF's from this site for future use. Hopefully I am not limited to only 2 days use of the information, just the site. Thanks so much for any help you can give. I am in Vancouver, B.C.

·
Super Moderator
12,687 Posts
You can’t download PDFs directly, but with the right software, you can “print” out as a PDF file. I haven’t done it, but those who have say it’s very tedious.

But before you do that, do some Googling.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts