Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 97 4runner and I've got coolant leaking onto the driver side floor. I'm wondering exactly where is the heater core, and does it really require taking the entire dash off?? Is it worth doing yourself? How much does it usually run to get it done in a shop?? booooo heater core :thumbdown

a second question while im at it: my 4runner has a 3.4 V6 and its got 105,000 on it. I bought it with 78k mi on it. When are you supposed to get the timing belts changed? Should I assume they've never been changed and go ahead and have it done?

Thanks,
Jason

·
Registered
1 Posts
jmill0823, did you get any answers for your questions regarding the heater core. i have an issue where i need to replace my heater core as well but the dealer wants $1900 to replace it. i know that the part itself only costs $300. i've tried to do it at home but it looks like the whole dash may need to come out but sure. hoping to find some help on replacing it. maybe some online manuals or something. thanks.

·
Registered
94 SR5 short
54 Posts
that price quote makes me feel a whole lot better about my hillbilly homespun ways. my new w warranty heater core cost $128 including 7.8 CA tax for uncle arnie. there was a more brand name one four seasons or something for $10 more. my dealership quote for install was in the $500 neighborhood. but my 94 22re no A/c doesnt require dropping the dash.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts