Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How difficult is it to get at the rear bank of plugs on a 3.3 V6? Looks like I am going to have to remove quite a bit to get at them.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I would remove the throttle body and air intake hose. Takes some small hands and a 2 inch extension which comes in handy. access sucks, unless you want to get real brave and remove the intake manifold. I did mine (RX300) without doing that, and just removing the air intake. Was very challenging, but it can be done.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome lenore! Pics are always helpful. Many Thanks!

·
Registered
'06 Seinna XLE AWD, '04 Highlander V6 4WD
1,308 Posts
NGK or Denso Iridium

As you can see from the write up and other CL members experince you do not want to play with the life of the $125 a peice direct ignition coils. Stick to NGK or Denso plugs. Our engines ignition is designed around them. Iridium so you don't have to do this bear of a job too often!;)

·
Registered
260 Posts
RX300 = 3.0

RX330 = 3.3
04-07 Highlander V6=3.3
I'm not quite sure what anyone is hung up on with the 3.3. You have to move some stuff around to get to the rear coil-on-plugs. Once you can reach them with your tools, the procedure is practically the same as any other car with COP. Remove the COP bolt; take out the COP; take out the plug; installation is reverse of removal.

3.0 or 3.3, doesn't really matter all that much. The less stuff you take out, the more difficult it's going to be. I'd start with the air intake hoses and go from there until I could get to each of the 3 coils. The ClubLexus writeup is excellent, even if the engines aren't exactly the same. Procedure should be pretty close.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts