Toyota Nation Forum banner

Changing temperature to Celsius in 2021 Venza (US)

3832 Views 7 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  xbobuff
Purchased the 2021 Venza Limited recently, and I am not able to change the AC temperature in the screen to C. There is a setting, but on changing that, it only changes the "weather" app to Celsius. Any ideas on how I can change the AC units to Celsius ?
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Menu >> Setup >> General >> (scroll down) >> Units of temperature >> (change selection)
I tried this. Only the weather is showing in "C". I tried changing all to C and kml, turning off car, starting again, still gets the temperature in F. The miles become km, but temperature for AC and outside temperature on MID is not becoming C.

· Registered
1,012 Posts
I changed mine in the head unit to Cº, but the display remains Fº, so Techstream/Dealer may be required to change it, likely done during PDS, might also be done with Carista some day when the Venza HV is supported.

· Registered
468 Posts
I tried this. Only the weather is showing in "C". I tried changing all to C and kml, turning off car, starting again, still gets the temperature in F. The miles become km, but temperature for AC and outside temperature on MID is not becoming C.
Sorry, I misread your original post. I thought you were asking how to change the Weather units. << Someone in another forum asked how to change the Weather units the same day you asked how to change the AC units. So of course I read too fast and misunderstood your post.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Reached out to Toyota and this is what they got back with:

Code:
We apologize, the multi-information display and air conditioning system are not designed to display metric units such as Celsius. When changing units, it will only display the difference in units on the weather app.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.
But isn't the same model sold in Canada and other European countries ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.