Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i remmeber there was a post, where someone showed how to change the color of the GREEN gaugees to like a different one? simply by changing the cap or somethin......i couldnt find it.

Anyone? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
nice job mykelefty. i think on a gen4 its easier then a gen3. Well i'm considering either changing the bulbs or getting euro gauges. Both are going to take the same amount of time. But i think i rather do the changing of the bulbs. For everyone who did it to their gen3's anyone have some warnings and tips what to watch out for. How would you rate this project ? I've seen the pictures of rayray's DIY on the FAQ's looks to be very hard for me. Like a 8/10 for me. But i'm going to get help from some buddies. Once getting in there would the bulbs give me any problems?

My main concern is getting it put back together. I've found it on many times that its 10 times easier to remove something then to install it back? Would this be true about the gen3 things.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I dont think the bulbs for the AC stuff for XLE camry are 74, they look way smaller.....i tried to take it out, it was fuckin impossible, but i got the green cap off - anyone know what bulb size those are? on the AUTO controlled climate ac crap that comes in XLE?

Thanks

·
Registered
371 Posts
When changing the bulbs behind the gauges on my Gen 3 Camry, I realized that it has that piece of copper that touches the wires (coming out of the 194 bulb) that carries the electricity. The hyper white bulbs I want to use do not have that - where can i get those copper piece to use or the right bulbs?

·
Why not?
283 Posts
aleks77 said:
I dont think the bulbs for the AC stuff for XLE camry are 74, they look way smaller.....i tried to take it out, it was fuckin impossible, but i got the green cap off - anyone know what bulb size those are? on the AUTO controlled climate ac crap that comes in XLE?

Thanks
I just replaced mine and im 99% sure that they are 74's , mine were VERY easy to take out , switched the bulbs and put the green condom back on.........

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well i just bought some clear blue artylic paint and just painted all my 194's and all my 74's the same color, waiting for them to try, if they are too light i will just do it again and it will go darker, i will post results later tonite, thanks!

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
stock93cam said:
are indiglo gauges worth the money...or shud i just use these bulbs to change the colors or the gauges?
thats what i'm debating. gauges= 40 on ebay for the good ones. and changing colors= 10-15 bucks for all the bulbs maybe even less. its the same amount of work. But gauges include wiring.

I'm going to change my bulbs most likely but i would like to see a couple pictures of gen3's which have already done it because i want to see how the color really is. I'm looking at either White, Blue, Purple maybe. Something brighter because I complain about my gauges at night because I can barely see them. Someone with the pictures please post where you got the bulbs from what color excatly.

just wondering at superlumination.com would the "194 5LED Matrix Bulbs " work ?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.