Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen several DIYs about changing the color of your dash's console lights but I was wondering if anyone has been able to change the lights for the stock stereo system. I just don't think blue on the console and green for the stereo is a good combo.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow it looks awesome, so did you just replace all the leds with different color ones then? Also thanks for the offer but I want to do this myself.

·
Registered
15 Posts
im not to sure on voltage readings as i buy them from people at the swap meet, they are just regular surface mount leds i used the smaller ones 603 or something like that but you can use the larger ones as well i think 400 smething. i used blue and white, but pretty much just desolder the old ones and solder on teh new ones

·
Registered
12 Posts
Did you just do the stereo panel or did you do the whole dash including the HVAC controls?

Looks like an interesting idea, I might try this. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Here is the link to the DIY about changing the lights color on the HVAC controls

I'm still trying to figure out how to do it on the stereo. I guess there's a way to pull out the stereo's faceplate and get access to the LEDs (like iliksprite's picture 1204). And after a little bit of research, it looks like the standard for 0603 surface mount LEDs is 3V so you can't really go wrong on that.

I'll work on it tomorrow, thanks for your help iliksprite

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That a sweet idea and it seems to work much better than the 'painting the bulbs' method which I tried and looks really ugly. The light is very uneven and it gives you different shades of blue on your dash...Not pretty.
Thanks again for the tip ilisprite.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts