Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Super White Taco
2005 Tacoma
824 Posts
i was wondering how to replace the black with a white one AND how hard it is. thanks
I accidentally broke off my driver's side mirror and had to replace it a weeks ago. All you need to do is pop off the triangular plastic cap on the inside of the door above the door panel, unscrew 2 philips head screws in the door panel (1 is inside the door release lever, other one is behing the handle) pop out the push pin in the top corner and pull the panel straight out from the sides. It will pop out, then lift up and out...the panel is off. the mirrors are held in by 3 bolts, remove them, unplug the power connector, and mirror is off. Took me about 10 minutes to replace one side.

· Registered
63 Posts
I accidentally broke off my driver's side mirror and had to replace it a weeks ago. All you need to do is pop off the triangular plastic cap on the inside of the door above the door panel, unscrew 2 philips head screws in the door panel (1 is inside the door release lever, other one is behing the handle) pop out the push pin in the top corner and pull the panel straight out from the sides. It will pop out, then lift up and out...the panel is off. the mirrors are held in by 3 bolts, remove them, unplug the power connector, and mirror is off. Took me about 10 minutes to replace one side.
Yup, that's about it. Easy way to get that push pin in the top just under the mirror is to use a phillips screwdriver and push in gently on the center pin. It will pop in, and you can take the whole push pin piece out. Very easy. As for the sail right by the mirror, that just pops right off.

Not sure how cheap you will find the mirrors though.

Looks like about $300 before shipping in the link below.

http://www.trademotion.com/partloca...99&make=34&model=Tacoma&year=2007&catalogid=2

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.