Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Within the next few weeks I will be installing a refurbished gas tank, new lines, filter, all that stuff. My question is, my cannister doesnt leak or anything and I'm on a budget, so I dont wish to buy a new one for having a new one sakes. DO I need it on my car ? Can it be bypasses with just a straight return line ?

John

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I havn't checked, but I can only Imagine. I know the fuel filter is about $50 after taxes, so if thats any indication. THis is going to cost me in the $700-$800++ range anlready, so the possible $$$ coulle push me over $1000 and I've already suck that into my car since april..... getting epensive, but i love the car soo much !!

JOhn

·
Ricer Hunter
142 Posts
how come the fuel filter is so expensive? you should be able to get an aftermarket one for about $25 or so, you probably have different brand names but over here i'd go for a Ryco or if i wanted a better one then Purolator. Both are pretty cheap.

·
Registered
1990 Celica GTS
2,714 Posts
canadiancelica said:
THe dealer wants $380 plus taxes minus my 15% discount.

You mentioned re-using the cannister ? What do you mean by that ?
Use the old one. Its not a wear item. You can spray throttle body cleaner into all the opening to clean any crap out. It just a can to hold fuel fume.

·
Ricer Hunter
142 Posts
Its filled with activated charcoal, which has a certain life span. When you use acctivated charcoal in the lab it has to be stored airtight without moisture or it ends up being useless , im surprised the stuff in the evap cannister lasts so long before losing its absorbency

1 - 8 of 8 Posts